Better Call Saul - Series 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Just finished. Excellent episode. I jumped a mile at the end when her airbag burst. Idiot.

But poor old Irene. She looked like my mother's old neighbour Edna (RIP) so I felt bad for her. But worth it to see Jimmy in his white track suit and sweat band.

Btw that Zafiro anejo tequila doesn't exist. No one was keen on them using their product for a certain scene in BB when everyone drops dead, so they couldn't get a product placement.

Next episode is going to be very busy!

Probably my favourite episode yet. Everything falling into place.
Look out for the special Crazy 8 reference.;)
I spotted the Crazy 8. :cool:

Another "meh" episode imo

The writers seem to create momentum then lose it by the next episode

Just finished. Excellent episode. I jumped a mile at the end when her airbag burst. Idiot.

But poor old Irene. She looked like my mother's old neighbour Edna (RIP) so I felt bad for her. But worth it to see Jimmy in his white track suit and sweat band.

Btw that Zafiro anejo tequila doesn't exist. No one was keen on them using their product for a certain scene in BB when everyone drops dead, so they couldn't get a product placement.

Next episode is going to be very busy!

I spotted the Crazy 8. :cool:
Me too. Also spotted the poison shot bottle.

What? Jimmy getting his settlement, Howard and Chuck at odds, Kim's accident. A comedy sweatband too. All building up to the final episode.
I know you really love this show. But some episodes I'm hooked and others I'm just bored. It was predictable jimmy would convince the oldies to accept and watching Kim's inevitable breakdown is also boring imo

I know you really love this show. But some episodes I'm hooked and others I'm just bored. It was predictable jimmy would convince the oldies to accept and watching Kim's inevitable breakdown is also boring imo
Oh dear. I'm guessing you like Mike and that's the only reason you're watching. I feel sad that you don't enjoy it all. Yes it can be meandering, but I actually enjoy the journey.

Funnily enough just got past that point re-watching BB. So I had a small laugh to myself.
The bottle didn't look so sinister in Saul's hands than in Gus's, when I saw Gus with it straight away I was like 'that's a big bottle of poison'.

Oh dear. I'm guessing you like Mike and that's the only reason you're watching. I feel sad that you don't enjoy it all. Yes it can be meandering, but I actually enjoy the journey.
The stuff with chuck and jimmy is class, as is the mike and gus stuff. But some weeks so little happens it's frustrating. This week essentially mike opened a bank account with Lydia. It's not a lot of story for 45 minutes of tv. Although we should see hector going into his wheelchair next week which should be good

The stuff with chuck and jimmy is class, as is the mike and gus stuff. But some weeks so little happens it's frustrating. This week essentially mike opened a bank account with Lydia. It's not a lot of story for 45 minutes of tv. Although we should see hector going into his wheelchair next week which should be good
I completely understand some episodes are a bit slow but its Gilligan's calm before the storm show making style and it is the end of season next week so I expect it to be mega.

To be fair there are episodes of BB where not a lot happens too. I actually thought there was a lot of narrative this week! The difference between what you see and what I see seems to be enormous. :lol: For me it's more about the characters than the storyline progression. Yeah the story could be told in 4-5 episodes but you then lose the tiny incidents and nuances of character. That's what I enjoy.

To be fair there are episodes of BB where not a lot happens too. I actually thought there was a lot of narrative this week! The difference between what you see and what I see seems to be enormous. :lol: For me it's more about the characters than the storyline progression. Yeah the story could be told in 4-5 episodes but you then lose the tiny incidents and nuances of character. That's what I enjoy.
Agree in that BB could go from "the fly" to "ozymandias" (an extreme example). I actually thought the courtroom episode of this season of Saul was the best the show has had

Agree in that BB could go from "the fly" to "ozymandias" (an extreme example). I actually thought the courtroom episode of this season of Saul was the best the show has had
Yes that was an outstanding episode. I do get that some people find it slow. That doesn't bother me. But then, I like Waiting for Godot - not a lot happens in that either. :lol:

Oh the shoe boxes were really funny, anyone got a pic of the trainer?

the only surprise for me was Kim walking away from the crash. was obvious is was coming but figured they would off her there and then and that would be the catalyst that sends Jimmy over the edge

Thank god it wasn't just me! I did a proper embarrassing jump. The kind you do then look around to see if anyone saw you. And I was watching on my own! :lol:
But I already told you I jumped at that too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back