Best ways to get rid of stinging nettles in the garden?

Status
Not open for further replies.
For a few years I have struggled to get rid of them. Dug the roots up last years but a new patch of them are now coming up. But last month in a moment of inspiration, because I am against using weed killer, I thought 'Slash on them, it works on Dandelion plants'. :cool:
So for the past months at night, sometimes I have be slashing on a sample patch at the front and successfully some have died and others of the new shoots are wilting. The sample core is working!
The ones at the back that I have worked on yet are bidder now and starting to grow quick, I am now starting to work on them. There is no question of my aim not hitting any target, because as a kid I had many years experience writing my name on the ground or walls.

The question is, it looks like I am winning the battle but when Springtime proper kicks in, will I eventually end up fighting more and more, only wound, not kill the roots and lose the battle?

Other suggestions are welcome!

For a few years I have struggled to get rid of them. Dug the roots up last years but a new patch of them are now coming up. But last month in a moment of inspiration, because I am against using weed killer, I thought 'Slash on them, it works on Dandelion plants'. :cool:
So for the past months at night, sometimes I have be slashing on a sample patch at the front and successfully some have died and others of the new shoots are wilting. The sample core is working!
The ones at the back that I have worked on yet are bidder now and starting to grow quick, I am now starting to work on them. There is no question of my aim not hitting any target, because as a kid I had many years experience writing my name on the ground or walls.

The question is, it looks like I am winning the battle but when Springtime proper kicks in, will I eventually end up fighting more and more, only wound, not kill the roots and lose the battle?

Only south southern shites call them "STINGING" nettles man. They are just nettles up here FFS.

Only south southern shites call them "STINGING" nettles man. They are just nettles up here FFS.
If you fell backwards into a massive bunch of them wearing only shorts and gym shoes on, like I once did once, you would call the 'Stinging Nettles'. The only stinging that you know of, is that of Jellyfish, Pugwesh.

Kettle full of boiling water iirc
Canny idea but I would not want to kill the baby snails. They can tackle showers of piss.

We've arl done that you big soft shite.
Have you fuck, only a titchy brush on the arm or leg, although this can be quite painful and bad. But the whole back of my legs and arms and the whole of my back, was covered in painful spot mounds, I felt like I was on fire!

This is an example of the reality that only a few experience.

Last edited:
The only way to get rid is digging the rhizomes out fully or they will continue to come back. I had a massive patch to do last year after we moved house. It looks like last year's hard work has done the job.

Weed killer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back