Best Small / Medium Music Festival

Status
Not open for further replies.

Penrith Panting or Ullswater Ululating?
Penrith Piss Up ;)

After doing Kendal Calling for the last few years we're looking for a new festival this summer.
Can anyone recommend any hidden gems that are family friendly please?
Been to Bearded Theory about 7 times out of the 10 its been done. Its cracking, even has a large kids area, and has a fully-registerred school for the Friday so it doesn't count as absence!

Not sure I can be arsed this year though, got too much on already.

:lol: When they came on stage they said they were going to be on their best behaviour for the kids in the crowd

Left the stage to:
"smoke weed mother fuckers"

Penrith Piss Up ;)

Been to Bearded Theory about 7 times out of the 10 its been done. Its cracking, even has a large kids area, and has a fully-registerred school for the Friday so it doesn't count as absence!

Not sure I can be arsed this year though, got too much on already.

Love that!

:lol: When they came on stage they said they were going to be on their best behaviour for the kids in the crowd
I don't care how "kid friendly" a festival is. They shouldn't pander like this.

Unless its a specific kids festival, like Deer Shed, in which case the acts booked should already be appropriate.

Unless its a specific kids festival, like Deer Shed, in which case the acts booked should already be appropriate.

Camp Bestival is specifically a family festival, basically the companion festival to Bestival but with more bouncy castles.

Camp Bestival is specifically a family festival, basically the companion festival to Bestival but with more bouncy castles.
Difference between family and kids festivals though.

Family fests cater for all - doesn't mean everything there will be suitable for all.

Difference between family and kids festivals though.

Family fests cater for all - doesn't mean everything there will be suitable for all.

So, by your definition, Camp Bestival is a kids festival then. It's basically targetting the same audience as Deer Shed (festival goers who now have children). As an aside, when I went to Deer Shed (with two mates, no children), I had a whale of a time once I learned how best to avoid the weird, small running creatures that never go in straight lines. Also, John Grant swore, quite a lot...

Reactions: PTR

Agree. When we saw Mr Tumble on the main stage at CB we knew there would be no swearing and the lucky, talentless knob would be shit.
When Snoop Dogg was on at Kendal, we knew there would be swearing.

Swearing is great. Imagine having to shout "oh bother" at the match?

Reactions: PTR
Field Music and Goldfrapp announced for Deer Shed.

With the line up and the cost, I'm out.

I'll probably end up at a family campsite watching tribute acts at this rate.

You know how I always bang on about Bearded Theory festival? Well, we were there the other week, and it was very good as usual.

efestivals have just said this, which is quite incredible really:
This festival is better than Glastonbury. It’s got all the good things – top bands, diversity of acts and experiences, social responsibility, availability of everything you need, beautiful countryside; and none of the bad things, like vast distances between stages, hordes of posh kids, knee-deep rubbish, overcrowding, mud. Bearded Theory festival is better than Glastonbury festival – there’s no higher compliment.

an almost-perfect Bearded Theory

You know how I always bang on about Bearded Theory festival? Well, we were there the other week, and it was very good as usual.

efestivals have just said this, which is quite incredible really:
This festival is better than Glastonbury. It’s got all the good things – top bands, diversity of acts and experiences, social responsibility, availability of everything you need, beautiful countryside; and none of the bad things, like vast distances between stages, hordes of posh kids, knee-deep rubbish, overcrowding, mud. Bearded Theory festival is better than Glastonbury festival – there’s no higher compliment.

an almost-perfect Bearded Theory

The line up is absolutely shite though which is the small catch.

Bingley Music Live is a good little festival. Not far from Bradford/Leeds. The festival is in a park but the camping is off site around the town. We camped in the local rugby club which was canny as they had the clubhouse and showers open.

Only thing is it’s usually the start of September so the weather can be a bit hit and miss.

The line up is absolutely shite though which is the small catch.
Was it?
Can't say I noticed. If you're going to it for the line up, you're missing the entire point of the festival quite frankly.
The music is just a small part of the best festival experience there is in the UK.

Two Deer shed 2019 headliners announced and I've heard of neither. :lol:

Anna Calvi???
Ezra Furman???

I'm old.:neutral:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back