Best Small / Medium Music Festival

kingmonkey

Striker
After doing Kendal Calling for the last few years we're looking for a new festival this summer.

Can anyone recommend any hidden gems that are family friendly please?

We do Solfest, don't go if the line up bothers you but it's dead relaxed (cam take your own booze in no problem, for example) great for kids and not very far away.

So the atmosphere at t in the park is the same as camp bestival, it's just the line up that's different? :lol::lol:

Thought that might have been closer to home with the name! :oops::oops:

What bands are on is all that matters. The rest of the time is just a pissup with the lads, which we've found to be successful in most situations.

What bands are on is all that matters. The rest of the time is just a pissup with the lads, which we've found to be successful in most situations.
I feel bad for people who haven't been to a really nice festival. I didn't know what I was missing when I'd only been to Leeds and V.

I feel bad for people who haven't been to a really nice festival. I didn't know what I was missing when I'd only been to Leeds and V.
BST Hyde Park is the one. Easy to get to, good lineup, lovely sunshine, good beer, decent bait, nee sleeping in a fuckin' tent.

End of the Road is really good and family friendly. Line up announced today:

Music - End of the Road

Think I'm missing it this year as I'll be in Vietnam with work.

Green Man is also well worth looking at. First line up announcement made this week:

Line up 2018 - Green Man Festival

The only downer is that, as it's in the Brecon Beacons, you'll get rain at some point.

As mentioned, Deer Shed is very, very family friendly. So much so that, whilst most campsites will have a section specifically for family camping, this has a section specifically for non-family camping.

Back