Best Power Tool Brand

The dewalt drill I bought has been one of my best purchases.

Used lots of Milwaukee .. much of a muchness in the pro gear.

I have a Screwfix own brand erbaur reciprocal saw and thats solid as anything for the price I paid
I have mainly Milwaukee but as you say , nowt wrong with Erbaur for the price , especially for stuff you dont use much

All my cordless is Makita, 18V. So one type battery fits all.
Great for home DIY and making garden planters, cold frames etc...

I have mainly Milwaukee but as you say , nowt wrong with Erbaur for the price , especially for stuff you dont use much
That’s the thing, all at different prices for different usage.pointless spending 300 quid on a couple of Milwaukee pieces and use em twice a year, better off buying the cheaper stuff

Makita for me although, as @Tuono pointed out, there is massive variability in a single range. I bought a Makita tyre pump yesterday (as mentioned on another thread on here a couple of weeks back) and it feels like cheap tat. It's going back tomorrow.

All my power tools are Milwaukee. 3 year warranty on the tools and 2 years on batteries. Can't fault them tbh. Also once you've got the batteries and charger the bare tools are pretty cheap.

Last edited:
Also got some Titan stuff from Screwfix, gets a proper work out in our house and still going strong.

Pretty sure a lot of batteries are standard fitment now, AMPshare is the name of the scheme, allows you to buys a Bosch drill, another brand jigsaw and share the battery.

I had a dewalt drill but the boy nicked it work.
I know this is a hot topic amongst you superstar tradesmen, as I’ve seen family members almost come to blows over it, but let’s hear it then. Which is best?
I’ve got Dewalt. It’s ok. Mainly just use the batteries and a usb adaptor to charge phones and shit when I’m camping now..

In my experience they're much of a muchness. I'm of the opinion that those who don't know what they're doing knacker their tools a hell of a lot faster than those that do, and those that do tend to be in the market for more upmarket brands anyway. :lol:

That’s the thing, all at different prices for different usage.pointless spending 300 quid on a couple of Milwaukee pieces and use em twice a year, better off buying the cheaper stuff
Yeah , ive over spent a bit on the milwaukee. Was never much of a DIY bod and always paid to get jobs done .
Then i retired and looked at what i was being charged to take down a shed and carport and decided to spend the money on a decent wrecker ( my lads have few tools so it would be to share ) . Looked at the cost of fitting wood flooring , paid for a jig saw etc . Needed driveway gates and fencing , paid for a drill and driver
As others have said , ended up tied in to milwaukee due to batteries .
Only cheap thing ive bought was an electric planer to trim a couple of doors ( thinking how often will i trim doors ) . Went to use it a year later and the adjuster has stripped ☹️

Been impressed with the Ryobi 18V stuff. Started replacing everything with them as I need to.
Me too.

Started with a multitool which was bought as a gift, but they bought the bare tool, so no battery and charger.
Bought a drill with 2 batteries and a charger in the B&Q sale for about £60, just so I'd have enough to use them both.
Now I have a wall of green stuff in my garage, I just wait for sales and special offers and pick up stuff I don't have.

Then I started browsing the USA Ryobi website instead of the UK one. They have 5 times the stuff for half the price.

Don't buy the Ryobi accessories like drill bits and driver bits, complete rubbish.
Happy with all of the tools so far, fine for the DIYer.

I was always mostly Makita but then started to change over to Milwaukee because I was impressed with how solid their stuff was. Now I'm going back to Makita because just about every Milwaukee Fuel 18v tool I have has given trouble. I honestly think it was when they started to make them in China they started to go downhill. 3 months ago someone stole my Festool plunge saw, the guides and a laser level. It cost almost £900 to replace them but I went with a Makita twin battery plunge saw for convenience.

Loaned a Makita palm sander to a friend who managed to knacker the pad, how hairy were his palms?,
couldn't get a replacement pad so hoyed it and bought a Metabo.

The improvement surprised me for a unit of similar power.

The dewalt drill I bought has been one of my best purchases.

Used lots of Milwaukee .. much of a muchness in the pro gear.

I have a Screwfix own brand erbaur reciprocal saw and thats solid as anything for the price I paid
Started on B&D then upgraded to Dewalt but went to Makita and prefer them
When money was a factor I went for Erbauer and I have stuck with it since
As you say absolutely solid and interchangeable fast charging reliable batteries

Erbauer and DeWalt, never had issues with either. Got a Makita drill at home and it's weak as piss, think it's a b and q exclusive though so not a proper one,even the battery is different. Recently bought a Milwaukee impact and it's absolutely shite for the money. I borrowed a parkside impact and it was totally useless but they were only like £50 to buy.
I get what you are saying but you don't want to go too cheap as it won't be up to the job and probably wont last. I would always try to buy something decent. Mind with drills the quality of bit is just as important if not more. I chewed the walls up trying to put some curtain rails up, I blamed the soft crumbly walls. Bought a Bosch bit and it was perfect.

Last edited:

Back