Best place you have ever worked

caterpillar peterlee back when it was djb till the townies came down and ruined it.

Haway now mate yous simple country folk were going nowhere until the Sunderland townsfolk brought it's wealth of knowledge and manufacturing experience to enrich your lives and take DJB to the next level..it was just one big building full of simple country yokels till we came in our masses with our skills..look at it now..a sprawling industrial estate..the order book is full to bursting..you should come back..see if your old mate AH will come too..get yous paired up again..;)

Sacriston and Bear Park. Had a job that I loved, at the time, and fond memories. New job kicks it into touch, but miss the sound people I was lucky to meet.

Worked at a place with a pool table. Was rare we had time to play, the work was hard enough to get out the door on time as it was. If we'd have been playing pool it would just have been another reason for it not getting done.

If you can earn good money by working doing something that you are very good at & enjoy doing think very hard before taking another job.

Thats the best place you'll ever work.

If you haven't found that opportunity yet then keep looking. You will find it.

Last edited:
Between 1989 and 1993 I was based in Colchester attached to 1 Royal Anglian Regiment. Great battalion. I was young, single and at that point self-confident enough as well. Don’t think I’ve ever experienced anything better work wise.
Met the current Mrs K in Colchester (not the military prison either) and it all went downhill from there.

There was 2 of us in the same situation. We used to fight over the little bits of work that did come in just to break the boredom.

I agree with this, soul destroying when you don't have enough to do. Never seems to happen to me know thankfully the opposite is the norml

Probably the place I am now. They are very busy but make good cash and pay and look after their staff well. The vast majority of staff are good folk and I have a job that suits me well.

Haway now mate yous simple country folk were going nowhere until the Sunderland townsfolk brought it's wealth of knowledge and manufacturing experience to enrich your lives and take DJB to the next level..it was just one big building full of simple country yokels till we came in our masses with our skills..look at it now..a sprawling industrial estate..the order book is full to bursting..you should come back..see if your old mate AH will come too..get yous paired up again..;)
Saw ah on the way to appleby a bit back. A fruit & veg man now :)

Probably the place I am now but my first job at Edward Thompson’s was brilliant. The people there were spot on, the banter was class and I spent most of the day laughing my tits off.

Pfizer. Worked with some of the smartest people I've ever met. Biology department downstairs was overflowing with fit, intelligent and unmarried 20-30 year old lasses. Career progression was available and plenty of sideways moves too. Work was challenging but interesting. It actually meant something to research towards creating a drug for a specific purpose. Gym onsite that we could use at any time. Social life was cracking.

The only issue that caused several people to leave was that it all happened in Sandwich / Deal / Ramsgate / Canterbury. If you had a pair of compasses and drew your 15 mile "Entertainments Radius" most of it was in The English Channel. Some people got homesick or preferred London. I absolutely loved my time in Kent. Regular weekend 45 mile round pub crawls on bikes in the summer sunshine of the Kent countryside.

Does this shit actually matter? There’s not time to have fun at work or eat unlimited fruit. It’s f***ing hard work but massively satisfying and the pay is good. I’d take that over a pool table in the break out room or a neck massage on a Tuesday morning.

Never liked this sort of false bonhomie. I enjoyed going out for a drink with workmates but all this breakout/rest room crap - waste of time.

In a music shop in the 90's. Got to hear all the new stuff first and a get fair few promo CD's etc for free. Plus there was a canny few good looking lasses that used to get in. Happy days.

Back