Best place you have ever worked

Brewing and serving good beer. Used to love all aspects of it. Even the early starts to mash in on a double brew day and lugging casks around in the storehouse.

In terms of working in the brew pub I used to love working in the cellar, keeping all the casks in order and that, writing the schedule for what was going on next and what needed to be done when (24 cask and keg lines needs a bit of thought). Also meant I could time the beers I wanted most for my days off :lol:

Loved chatting to customers on a quiet day shift and could tolerate a packed Friday/Saturday night. The promise of a few pints on the house after we’d closed was always enough to get me through.

not best company but best office was for Hitachi in 2 More London

Right across the way from the Mayors football shaped office thing with the floor to ceiling panoramic windows looking out across the river to the city.

we had great views of the tower of london, tower bridge and was great when the olympics was on
At the risk of sounding a bit 'Elevenerife', we used to have an office in 3 More. Cracking location and I tended to stay in Borough High Street so a pleasant stroll to my apartment via the Market Porter.

I worked in a warehouse where we had hammocks secretly strung up in the racking. If anyone ever came in on a weekend shift bad off the drink we all shared their workload out between the rest of us and let them go and have a kip :lol:
The pay was pretty shit and the job mind numbing but I've never worked with such a top bunch of blokes since then :cool:

Apprentice at the docks.

Dumper races/time trials, cricket on the beach in the summer, hiding up in the tower cranes in the winter and generally mucking about.

Could be a brutal place to work during the winter months but it was generally a funny place to work.

I spent 18 months working at a university in the region, didn't really have a manager and in terms of fucks given I just had to turn up, everything I did from there was a bonus. Had a couple of mates working in different departments there so most days we'd go for lunch and to the pub after work. Was like being on works experience :lol:

Worked for Butlins as a photographer/darkroom assistant it was brilliant. Met some great people from different parts of the country, fun and memorable experience for this young lad.

Fino's niteclub.

Glass collector when i was a young'un, the amount of older women feeling me up was unreal for a young lad, and used to find more money on the floor at the end of the night than what i was being paid....plus free drink and pizza from the shop below at the end of the night.
Aye I worked in Annabels as a pot boy wearing me cut off denims. Regularly had me crotch grabbed like. But we used to crack open bottles in the store room and so got merry as well as the £3.50 or whatever shit pay I got for the night.

When I worked on a large call centre up doxy for a while it was brilliant as a single lad. Pure filth.

Best company I ever worked for was my last one. Genuinely did look after their staff, paid well and was fun challenging work. City location, great views, free gym on site, TVs in all kitchens, good on site cafe (proper coffee), beers in the fridge and absolutely brilliant parties - project celebrations were usually a booze cruise around the harbour and xmas parties in top locations.

I now work for a government department in a old building on a shit industrial estate. Pay is f***ing great though.

Had a part time job while at uni working in the Index warehouse above Littlewoods when it was there in the town. Absolutely loved it :lol: Decent money especially on bank holidays, they paid for a taxi herme when you finished stacking shelves on a night, dicksons across the road for lunchtime saveloys and working with MLF's. Had to leave to do my year out, I was gutted.

not best job just the actual work environment

For me Hays Travel the sheer amount of tremendous looking fanny was unreal, and it was 2 mins walk from the apartment and i could spend all my wages in aphrodite and get MASSIVE bacon and sausage baps from the bakers oven.

pay was shit though

Surely the best job is the one with best environment?

Burnetts Bakery in Inverness (1984 summer job when I was a student). 10 week contract doing a bread run down to Fort William. Started at 3 am - drove down the Great Glen, past Ben Nevis - and in the 10 weeks there were only 3 days of rain. Finished by lunchtime, paid cash in hand and got to eat my own body weight in pies and danish pastries!

Scottish Charity Regulator. Not a single arsehole in the place (that’s a lie there was 1 but even he wasn’t that bad compared to some I’ve worked with), no bitching, everyone got on great, free tea and coffee (and it was ground coffee not that instant shite) and there was always a ton of biscuits/chocolates in the “usual place” in the break out room. The job itself was quite monotonous (mainly reviewing accounts to look for where they didn’t meet the accounting standards and where we though there might be issues that required further investigation) but some of the investigation work I did (about 25% of my time) was fascinating.

My old line manager is in his early 60s and on “phases retirement” so hoping he’ll go soon and I can apply for his job.

Last edited:
Fino's niteclub.

Glass collector when i was a young'un, the amount of older women feeling me up was unreal for a young lad, and used to find more money on the floor at the end of the night than what i was being paid....plus free drink and pizza from the shop below at the end of the night.
That was a great place..especially sat night! Well run..top door staff..and great atmosphere.." Finally its happening to me" seems to be the song i always recall when thinking about Finos...

I'm in a surreal one now like. Work is built into the side of an Elizabethan mansion with servants, its got a free bar and whiskey cabinet upstairs in a room with high ceilings, ancient floorboards, marble fireplace and a fridge that's kept full of beers for the staff.

Sod it I'm going for a quick one now.

Back