Best place you have ever worked

19 year old went off to work in a racing yard down in Lambourn, hard graft long hours, but I'd go back to that time like a shot. No worries, no stress only the homesickness was a killer

not best job just the actual work environment

For me Hays Travel the sheer amount of tremendous looking fanny was unreal, and it was 2 mins walk from the apartment and i could spend all my wages in aphrodite and get MASSIVE bacon and sausage baps from the bakers oven.

pay was shit though

UGI/Virgin cinema Boldon on the bar/premier screen.

Work colleagues were all students and mates. Had a right laugh. Fanny gallore from staff and customers, free film, free food, free beer, flexi hours

Id be still there if the pay wasnt minimum wage

Many moons ago I worked as a waiter/server at a jazz place called Mums in Long Beach. Got to listen to great jazz all the time.

The place I worked from 1970 to 1977. Long hours I could do 60 hours a week no problem. Tickets for home and away matches and free travel. Fantastic memories and worked with some great people along with a few not so nice people. Where?

Sunderland Association Football Club.

Working as a volunteer at the Lazurus Centre in Norfolk Street. It catered for the not so lucky in our city giving out free meals, clothing and shelter during the day. It also had a nurse and addiction councellors come in free of charge once a week. It was my intention just to do a couple of hours a week but ended up head cook (although I had no previous experience) and bottle washer. It was the best four years of my working life.

Not allowed to say unfortunately as some on here will get extremely angry.
I work for a bank from Finland
Oh dear. That sounds cool,those types of institutions always seem like good places to work. Australian banks too,I had an interview at Westpac and had to drop out as the place I am now wanted an answer,but they were all nice and a good balance of professional but decent.

Where I work now is canny,get free soft and hot drinks,bits of snacks etc. Which is nice.

Where I work now is canny. I was the only bloke out of 12 of us until recently. The other bloke who's just came in is a bit of a sap anarl. Gets a bit shit when bloke things are happening, like the world cup.

Oh dear. That sounds cool,those types of institutions always seem like good places to work. Australian banks too,I had an interview at Westpac and had to drop out as the place I am now wanted an answer,but they were all nice and a good balance of professional but decent.

Where I work now is canny,get free soft and hot drinks,bits of snacks etc. Which is nice.
We are in a very competitive market here.
We receive free smoothies every day, posh teas and coffees, unlimited fruit. Pizza once a month. Free social event every other month with free booze all night

Where I work now is canny. I was the only bloke out of 12 of us until recently. The other bloke who's just came in is a bit of a sap anarl. Gets a bit shit when bloke things are happening, like the world cup.
Same marra nobody to talk to when you want to discuss the blurt

We receive free smoothies every day, posh teas and coffees, unlimited fruit. Pizza once a month. Free social event every other month with free booze all night

My Christmas night out idea is to gan on a bender along Albert Road.

There's is to gan to some hangar like building and pay £50 for a shite meal with a cheesy disco, bucking bronco and photo booth included. Drinks are extra at north of £5 a pop.

I usually end up stopping in and washing me hair that neet. I did gan about 4 years ago and invited all the lasses along from the office next door anarl.

Does this shit actually matter? There’s not time to have fun at work or eat unlimited fruit. It’s f***ing hard work but massively satisfying and the pay is good. I’d take that over a pool table in the break out room or a neck massage on a Tuesday morning.

Back