Best moment in cricket

Status
Not open for further replies.
another one here ..

mark newton at long on boundry at clara vale v ncastle city needed 6 off last ball cup match i bowled the batter hit me miles up to long on mark ran jumped just before line he caught it on his tits greener smithy me our kid and the whole team mobbed him as it was a semi final when we got up mark was still lying their in agony [ the ball was pushed into his ribs by greeners and our weights ] mark was the worst feilder in the history of clara vale cc thats why we went mental happy days ..

I remember him he played at Whickham for a while. Lively short of a length bowler with a funny accent IIRC.

I remember him he played at Whickham for a while. Lively short of a length bowler with a funny accent IIRC.

great mate great laugh on tours with greener n rest heres one ...
we played for north railways v london railways at surrey 1986 ish they were full of west indians the standard was high as you got those days with the number of cricketers who worked on railways ..

we batted first to face 2 fast west indians we were all out for around 140 ish on a fast track we just got intimidated .

anyway our capt was a yorkie he had his cronies as mark n me were only ones from up here rest doncaster area they were 50 ish for 1 i think he still would not bowl mark anyway i talked him into getting him on result mark 7 for 40 odd we won by 5 runs always remember mark just lifted it bowling fast at the stumps winning us game ..

after game we drank with the london lads our lot pissed off n west indians respected us for staying down their still mates to this day ..

with his height mark on bouncy tracks could be unplayable he was this day proving a tit wrong n his mate hutch reet for once ..after this we knicked named him [ the white joal ] ask greener he was close to mark as well ..

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back