Best moment in cricket

Status
Not open for further replies.

Watching, probably the final wicket of the 2005 Ashes Edgbaston test.

Watching I'd go with this too, was there, gives me goosebumps when I see it again even now, from misery to joy in the space of 10 seconds.

Playing personally would be either winning the midlands county cup with school as captain.
Or hitting 21 off a last over to win the game at school again, all downhill since then.....

Watching I'd go with this too, was there, gives me goosebumps when I see it again even now, from misery to joy in the space of 10 seconds.

Playing personally would be either winning the midlands county cup with school as captain.
Or hitting 21 off a last over to win the game at school again, all downhill since then.....

Couldn't watch :)

(idea for another thread)

Either watching or playing

north durham 2nds v horden 1976ish got my first ton .. my late dad bob hutchinson who was a team man was so proud of me that he was crying in the bar afterwards .. next week promoted to 1sts v durham city a 16 year old opening against lander n co on the sat chester on the sunday got 2 ducks opening down to earth ehh ..
that first ton you never forget i was proud for my dad and hirshy my coach as a kid whos mother bought my first bat on her provi tickets fact ....

Last edited:
Fulwell juniors vs silksworth primary city cup semi final at st leonards. early 90s
Bowling my leggies, silky needed 2 to win of last over Over went W W. W 1 W
Tied game.
Was at derwent hill for the replay and they thrashed us:evil:

12th September 2005. To be there at the Oval with my Dad, who had brought me up to learn not to let Ashes defeats bother me, was a moment I'll never forget. I'd only bought the tickets on the off chance there would be some play and even then only cos they were a tenner each. Best 20 quid I've ever spent.

For me it's seeing a bairn take their first catch, I don't know what it is but the first run or first wicket just doesn't seem to evoke the same enjoyment from either the player, parent or supporters that that first catch brings out. It never gets old, priceless.

For me it's seeing a bairn take their first catch, I don't know what it is but the first run or first wicket just doesn't seem to evoke the same enjoyment from either the player, parent or supporters that that first catch brings out. It never gets old, priceless.

this is the one best moment

Fulwell juniors vs silksworth primary city cup semi final at st leonards. early 90s
Bowling my leggies, silky needed 2 to win of last over Over went W W. W 1 W
Tied game.
Was at derwent hill for the replay and they thrashed us:evil:

I was at silky juniors until 1991. We won a cup when I was in the last year there so I might have played in that game!

The kids first hundred at Chester against South North ( I think). I was at work and only turned up when he was on 75. To see him finally hit it was amazing.

The wicket he took at under 13 smashing the middle stump at Shildon is up there as well.

Two more innings for Chester as well, 75 in 32 balls at under 15 playing for 3rds and last year at Castle Eden 49 in 17 I think, never slogged once.

First 50 for Chester at Whitburn both openers where in for 13-15 overs and he came in and smashed the 50 sticks in the mind as well, purely for the fact he showed Chester what they where getting in his very first game.

When hes in the mood to play like the above innings there is nothing better to watch.

Watching on TV, Edgbaston 05, no doubt. Watching live, Old Trafford 2006, was a f***ing scorching couple of days against Pakistan, Harmison took about 7 wickets for 19 runs before England scored about 450.

Far to many to mention....

Playing:
Smashing a future England captain all over Blackfyne*

Watching:
Dom Cork's hat-trick at OT

*Well mebbes not smashing, but I scored a nice run-a-ball 30 in a Cup Final to steer us home.

Watching live - Cork's hat-trick at OT in the morning, then Lara scoring a sublime ton later in the day.

Watching tv - Bob Willis at Headingley in Botham's Ashes series. Or Ashes in 2005, pretty much the whole series but Harmison at Edgbaston and KP at the Oval were highlights.

Playing - my mate coming up to me at mid off to tell me that he was going to slip in a yorker for the final ball of his spell. Then watching as he bowled a slow half track long hop that the batsman smashed so far out of the ground that the ball was never recovered. 15 years later, it still get's mentioned.:lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back