Best episode of tv ever

The episode I really liked of the West Wing was the one where Zoe got kidnapped....the tension was claustrophobic especially the use of Massive Attacks “ Angel”

Dare I throw in Star trek tng, best of both worlds?

I’d also add Chain of Command Part 2

It’s hard to narrow down my favourite episode of West Wing, as each episode has something good. But yes Two Cathedrals is excellent, but I like to add Election Day: Part Two

Blake’s 7 - series four episode “Orbit” - simply because it showed what a little shit Orac could be and also yet again Avon probably not the ideal travelling companion... even if you supposed to be mates!

I’d also add Chain of Command Part 2

It’s hard to narrow down my favourite episode of West Wing, as each episode has something good. But yes Two Cathedrals is excellent, but I like to add Election Day: Part Two

Blake’s 7 - series four episode “Orbit” - simply because it showed what a little shit Orac could be and also yet again Avon probably not the ideal travelling companion... even if you supposed to be mates!
David Warner and Sir Patrick Stewart put on a masterclass, Ronny Cox subplot would have been a good stand alone episode in its own right.

Dare I throw in Star trek tng, best of both worlds?

I think that it would probably come behind The Inner Light or Measure of a Man for me.

Good episode. Hard to choose a favourite TWW ep for me (a few post-Sorkin ones are even in contention) but I know that one's highly rated.

Among my other favourite TV shows, I'd also be hard pushed to choose a favourite Angel episode because a fair few would be nominatable for this category too IMO.

Ooh, if we are going to the Buffy universe then may I throw Once More With Feeling? I wasn’t a particular fan of Buffy, and only watched it my daughter, but I loved that epushed.

Add another vote for Blink.

Last edited:
Ooh, if we are going to the Buffy universe then may I throw Once More With Feeling? I wasn’t a particular fan of Buffy, and only watched it my daughter, but I loved that epushed.

I was never really into Buffy either, and I avoided Angel because I expected it was just more of the same but probably not even as good with it being a spinoff show, but a mate convinced me to try Angel, and blimey it's so good it's unreal.

I've rewatched the whole five seasons about 15 times now and I'm currently making my way through an episode-by-episode podcast about it.

I've tried going back to watch Buffy since getting into Angel but it's just nowhere near as good. Buffy's for teenagers, Angel is for adults.

Once More With Feeling is definitely a high point of Buffy. You can see why it won so many awards. Still not a patch on the best Angel episodes for me, like. :)

I was never really into Buffy either, and I avoided Angel because I expected it was just more of the same but probably not even as good with it being a spinoff show, but a mate convinced me to try Angel, and blimey it's so good it's unreal.

I've rewatched the whole five seasons about 15 times now and I'm currently making my way through an episode-by-episode podcast about it.

I've tried going back to watch Buffy since getting into Angel but it's just nowhere near as good. Buffy's for teenagers, Angel is for adults.

Once More With Feeling is definitely a high point of Buffy. You can see why it won so many awards. Still not a patch on the best Angel episodes for me, like. :)
Problem with Buffy is the first series is shit and really dated, so it’s hard to get into. from series two on it’s very good, as good as angel imho.

Neighbours when Meg died on the beach...heartbroken, she was a belter.
Logon or register to see this image

Back