Best British beach 2022 is...

It is beautiful in places up there marra. Unspoilt too..
Try it down here though mate. The North coast of both Devon and Cornwall are stunning.
And covered in discarded fishing gear. Honestly the rocky parts of the coast are covered in discarded plastic fishing nets and ropes while the beaches all have a plastic high tide line. None of this is ever mentioned in holiday brochures.

Nowt at Lands End marra, apart from lots of ways to make you part with your hard earned.
But the little villages and towns you pass through are beautiful. Stop in them, have a beer, a pasty , a cream tea.
Honestly mate, out of season it is wonderful down here.👍
It's pretty but the people are all weird and, even out of season, they're obsessed with taking money off you. The beaches in Scotland are probably the most beautiful but we actually live on an island that is blessed with so much fantastic coastline that these lists can only be a bit of fun.

Pubs and restaurants are not beaches marra..
Yup I agree but there is only so long you can spend on a beach in the UK.

Then you need something else to add to the appeal in a good way

I think Seaburn sits comfortably in the right area between the remote Bamburgh and the tacky Scarborough.

South Shields offer a similar experience to Seaburn but our beach and beachfront is just a little bit newer and vibrant. But both are great.

Yup I agree but there is only so long you can spend on a beach in the UK.

Then you need something else to add to the appeal in a good way

I think Seaburn sits comfortably in the right area between the remote Bamburgh and the tacky Scarborough.

South Shields offer a similar experience to Seaburn but our beach and beachfront is just a little bit newer and vibrant. But both are great.
I agree, but then the competition should be called the best seaside resort and not the best beach..

All these best of threads are complicated.

For example what do you want from a beach?

race a car - Pendine sands
go surfing - Newquay
be alone - Bamburgh
Ride a donkey - Scarborough

Back