Best android phone for about 200 notes

I’m using Apple at the moment and have done for the last 10 years. I won’t be buying another
So this xiaomi phone could be just what I'm looking for then. It would be for someone who runs a Google Android tablet (samsung) but has never had a smartphone.

Dumb question probably but I've always had a contract phone, how do I sort a sim card out for it ( it would be a present for an oldie). Would you just get a pay as you go sim card for it from somewhere like vodafone?

So this xiaomi phone could be just what I'm looking for then. It would be for someone who runs a Google Android tablet (samsung) but has never had a smartphone.

Dumb question probably but I've always had a contract phone, how do I sort a sim card out for it ( it would be a present for an oldie). Would you just get a pay as you go sim card for it from somewhere like vodafone?

Yeah can go PAYG or sim only deal. Loads of cheap 30 day contracts about

The HotUKDeals Sim only deals thread - all of the cheapest sim only deals and free sim offers - HotUKDeals

You can't say that the apple children will get upset.;):p
Fruit rivalry from Peachy...

I buy a 3 one from a supermarket and only top up 30 quid every couple of months. Only use it for the occasional text and to check web sites when I'm away from WiFi though.

Last edited:

Vodafone are doing a 6gb data, unlimited minutes and unlimited texts sim only deal on a 12 month contract for a tenner per month. There are better deals out there but as an all-rounder deal that’s pretty damn good

It's been mentioned, but another vote for the Moto G6 Plus, I've recently update from the G4, I can't believe what an improvement it is from its previous incarnations.

BT have some great sim only deals, depending on what's needed, mine has unlimited minutes and texts with 20 gb of data for £15 a month.

Just ordered the cubot power from geatbest last week.

Look like good specs and the reviews I seen seemed ok but I will let you know once I have received it

It's been mentioned, but another vote for the Moto G6 Plus, I've recently update from the G4, I can't believe what an improvement it is from its previous incarnations.

BT have some great sim only deals, depending on what's needed, mine has unlimited minutes and texts with 20 gb of data for £15 a month.
Very few people need 20gb data (statistically), especially older people (again statistically)

Very few people need 20gb data (statistically), especially older people (again statistically)
Needs a phone with big keyboard letters* ideally. Won't be bothered by data. Just will enjoy watsap ( but can cope with being connected to WiFi ) and texting plus odd phone call. Would use camera too.

*as you get on a smartphone, he only has tiny buttons (raised) on his old phone.

Anybody looking to move from apple to android should look at the Samsung site. They're giving silly p/x prices for your iphones towards a note 9 or an s9 twin sim until the end of september.
£350 for an iphone 7 with 32gb ram ! £639 for the s9 brings it down to £289.
Very tempted here.

Back