Berlin

Would you recommend it for an 11 year old? Or is the sights more catered towards adults/teens?
The wife wants to go there at half-term, where I reckon Rome will be more interesting for him at his current age.

What did you end up seeing/doing?
We might be going in a few weeks.
Rome is a much better bet, plus it'll be about 10 degrees warmer. Berlin in a few weeks will be cold. They will appreciate Berlin when they're older.

Would you recommend it for an 11 year old? Or is the sights more catered towards adults/teens?
The wife wants to go there at half-term, where I reckon Rome will be more interesting for him at his current age.

What did you end up seeing/doing?
We might be going in a few weeks.

Depends on what type of eleven year old. I would have loved it at that age but I was mega into history etc.

I’m sure someone of that age would enjoy the TV Tower, Berlin Zoo, the Olympistadion is canny it into football plus the historical significance. Spy museum canny as well.

Depends on what type of eleven year old. I would have loved it at that age but I was mega into history etc.

I’m sure someone of that age would enjoy the TV Tower, Berlin Zoo, the Olympistadion is canny it into football plus the historical significance. Spy museum canny as well.

He’s pretty cultured, and into more educational stuff, for his age.
He’s especially into animals at present.
Appreciate the input.

Love a weekend in Berlin.

Top quality beer, best public transport in the Western world and English widely spoken. It's also possibly the cheapest big city in Western Europe.

Definitely do walking tour on your first day to get your bearings and learn some history (both good and bad)
Summed up perfectly
Love berlin

Wasn’t expecting much but absolutely loved it. The contrast in architecture, history and culture is great. People were incredibly friendly and generous too, was bizarrely like going to Ireland only Teutonically efficient. The hotel we stayed in was a bit fawlty towers complete with openly racist manager though but thankfully he was very much the exception.

If they're at home, try to take in a Union Berlin game. Beautiful little ground with great history behind it, immense atmosphere and a team punching way above their weight.

Back