Berlin

What is it your into mate and are you going with pals or Mrs ?

I get there quite a bit and stay in the Michelberger hotel in Friedrichshain. It’s East of the city but the best area for bars / nightlife.
A short walk across the river takes you to east side gallery ( the wall ) and then into Kreuzberg which again has great cafes, bars and food. It’s quite arty and has that real gritty Berlin feel.
All sights are also easily accessed from here.
Have fun.
With the Mrs. We are both keen on history. She is writing a book about the RAF in the Second World War- any thing related to this would be good. We are also visiting Leipzig, Dresden and Colditz! We are doing this over a week and hiring a car after Berlin.

Any advice most welcome!

With the Mrs. We are both keen on history. She is writing a book about the RAF in the Second World War- any thing related to this would be good. We are also visiting Leipzig, Dresden and Colditz! We are doing this over a week and hiring a car after Berlin.

Any advice most welcome!

That sounds great mate. I’d love to do that but I’ve always centred my trips there around it’s music / art scenes.
Let us know how the trip went and I’ll pick your brains for when I next go.

Any advice most welcome!

You should enjoy Museum Island then. Most of the buildings still bear the scars form WWII. Topographie Des Terrors is also worth a visit. Its the former headquarters of the SS. For the Berlin Wall go to Bernauer Strasse and East Side Gallery as they are the main areas. Sachsenhausen concentration camp is also worth a visit. Get the S2 train to Oranienburg and then its a 20min walk or 5 min bus ride.

The Topography of terror is a really interesting visit .
We’ve been to the Neues museum and the Pergamon on museum island . The Ishtar Gate from Babylon is in the Pergamon and it is absolutely stunning.
We’re off to Munich next year and I’m really looking forward to that .

I went up the tower at Alexanderplatz , amazing views to look at while having a pint!

It’s worth booking that in advance, queues can get daft.

This place does amazing burgers. It’s the weirdest place, it’s in a disused public toilet (The one at Schlesisches Tor). It’s always busy, you’re likely to have to stand up to eat. But it’s so good.

Been four times and there’s shitloads to do, depends what your preferences are.

Get a travel pass thing for the trains, buses and trams. Piece of piss to use and the U and S Bahns will get you all owa - you get discount into loads of the attractions as well.

Get a travel pass thing for the trains, buses and trams. Piece of piss to use and the U and S Bahns will get you all owa - you get discount into loads of the attractions as well.
Any recommendations for hotels?

It’s worth booking that in advance, queues can get daft.

This place does amazing burgers. It’s the weirdest place, it’s in a disused public toilet (The one at Schlesisches Tor). It’s always busy, you’re likely to have to stand up to eat. But it’s so good.

I live here and all the previous advice is definitely enough for a short break in Berlin. I can confirm that Burgermeister lives up to it’s name, and is probably the best food suggestion given so far :D However I’d suggest to go to the one at Kottbusser Tor as there’s more seating there and it’s the same quality as at Schlesiches Tor. Plus there’s also some class bars around Kotti (Bohnengold is a favourite of mine). If you like Mediterranean food I work part-time at a place called Night Kitchen on Oranienburger Straße near the Neue Synagoge close to Hackescher Markt, food there is class but a bit on the expensive side. I’m a student though so most things seem expensive to me :lol: to the OP, if you need anything whilst in the city just drop a PM and I can try to help.

I live here and all the previous advice is definitely enough for a short break in Berlin. I can confirm that Burgermeister lives up to it’s name, and is probably the best food suggestion given so far :D However I’d suggest to go to the one at Kottbusser Tor as there’s more seating there and it’s the same quality as at Schlesiches Tor. Plus there’s also some class bars around Kotti (Bohnengold is a favourite of mine). If you like Mediterranean food I work part-time at a place called Night Kitchen on Oranienburger Straße near the Neue Synagoge close to Hackescher Markt, food there is class but a bit on the expensive side. I’m a student though so most things seem expensive to me :lol: to the OP, if you need anything whilst in the city just drop a PM and I can try to help.
Will do. Thanks

Probably one of the best nights I’ve had at this place, it’s called KLO.
ADDRESS
Leibnizstasse 57, 10629 Berlin, Germany

We booked a walking tour, loved it took around 4-5 hours.
Got our bearings for the remainder of the stay.
City was amazing will definitely return, great bars and resteraunts.

Would you recommend it for an 11 year old? Or is the sights more catered towards adults/teens?
The wife wants to go there at half-term, where I reckon Rome will be more interesting for him at his current age.
Booked up to go there for 3 days. Any advice please on where to stay? See? Eat? Tours?

What did you end up seeing/doing?
We might be going in a few weeks.

Love a weekend in Berlin.

Top quality beer, best public transport in the Western world and English widely spoken. It's also possibly the cheapest big city in Western Europe.

Definitely do walking tour on your first day to get your bearings and learn some history (both good and bad)

Back