Ben Stokes reacts furiously....

Lehmann was a bit before my time but can see why a lot of our support love him sadly
As a player no problem but his role in the aussies bad behaviour stinks the game out. All of them crying crocodile tears when found out.

somehow warner has just won the Allan Border medal in front of smith.

Why is this tosser bringing this up now?

No Aussie can ever think they hold the moral high ground FFS bleating on about the Barmy Army. Didnt the Aussie fans pelt Simon Jones with empty beer bottles and cans when he did his knee back in the day?

Paine should keep his trap shut - the jug eared piece of shit

Why is this tosser bringing this up now?

No Aussie can ever think they hold the moral high ground FFS bleating on about the Barmy Army. Didnt the Aussie fans pelt Simon Jones with empty beer bottles and cans when he did his knee back in the day?

Paine should keep his trap shut - the jug eared piece of shit
He was at it when stokes book came out, saying he was selling it off Warner’s back. Pathetic really, but that them all over

Wrong. Convicted means being found guilty in a court of law by a judge or jury. He cheated on a game of cricket ffs. He cheated, he served the sanction imposed. Everyone moves on.
Playing devils advocate, does the same apply to Smith? ;)
Stokes is in their nut after headingley. He will be the big target in Australia, like they did with broad back in the day.
Give absolute hell to Broad, will do the same to Stokes, but woe betide their cheats get a bit of booing on their way to the crease...

C*nts.

Last edited:
Playing devils advocate, does the same apply to Smith? ;)
certainly does.At the time, frankly , I thought there was a bit of an over-reaction. It's not the 1st time a team has been found guilty of ball tampering. It was the mock regret, the crocodile tears and continuing to behave in such a boorish manner. As long as they continue to behave like that they don't deserve any respect and the incident will linger.
Admittedly though,it doesn't help that Smith's got the sort of face I want to smash every time I see it.

Last edited:
certainly does.At the time, frankly , I thought there was a bit of an over-reaction. It's not the 1st time a team has been found guilty of ball tampering. It was the mock regret, the crocodile tears and continuing to behave in such a boorish manner. As long as they continue to behave like that they don't deserve any respect and the incident will linger.
Admittedly though,it doesn't help that Smith's got the sort of face I want to smash every time I see it.
Yes and that press conference Smith and Bancroft did when they belittled Bairstow sums them up.

It was classless by the two players and very imature. Certainly not the behaviour I would like to see from the captain of Durham and that's before the cheating incident.
As I said,it's endemic in the Aussies and Durham have had plenty Aussie captains. Ball tampering goes on to varying degrees all the time so the moral high ground is not for me. I haven't seen Bangers do anything wrong at Durham and his batting and captaincy are of the highest order. Carry on captain afaic.

Warner and Paine, particularly Warner comes across as a total wanker imo., but I for one would not put all Aussies in the same bracket, as someone like Steve Waugh you can only admire, and Brett Lee and Adam Gilchrist outside of English players are two of my favourite cricketers, both came across as top blokes.

Warner and Paine, particularly Warner comes across as a total wanker imo., but I for one would not put all Aussies in the same bracket, as someone like Steve Waugh you can only admire, and Brett Lee and Adam Gilchrist outside of English players are two of my favourite cricketers, both came across as top blokes.
Yes, hence the expression "the exception that proves the rule". Mathew Hayden was an absolute disgrace with his incessant sledging on the field yet in retirement works tirelessly supporting and promoting various good causes. Somehow think I'll have to wait a long time before Warner has his Damascus moment.

Yes, hence the expression "the exception that proves the rule". Mathew Hayden was an absolute disgrace with his incessant sledging on the field yet in retirement works tirelessly supporting and promoting various good causes. Somehow think I'll have to wait a long time before Warner has his Damascus moment.

Asboutely can’t see any redeeming features with Warner, where as Gilchirist attacking play and walking in a big semi final, and the Brett Lee moment with Flintoff, and his constant giving his all for his team with a smile on his face, got them a lot of respect imo.

Of the current lot only Finch seems like a good bloke.
Excellent bloke Finchy.

Posted this before but I remember when we won at Notts in our title season. Before the start of the third day he stopped my dozy mate getting hit by a bus and called him a "silly twat". After the game finished we were drinking in a pub in Notts and the players came in. Finchy bought us all a pint, before blurting out "so tell me. Do any of you c*nts f***ing work?" :lol:

Back