Being ran on a shoestring

I judge it how I see it, not like yourself who blindly believes that the club can do no wrong. I never wanted Mowbray sacked, he was thrown under the bus by the owner and Speakman, I didn't want Beale like 90% of supporters, the Mag game was an absolute shit show, again with nobody from the club taking responsibility and now the 3rd shit transfer window in a row, where the striker situation, brought on by Speakman in previous windows , has been completely ignored again. But,but,but Grigg, but,but,but Donald, but,but,but Short.
The morale is your can’t always get what you want he’s here now so need to get behind what he’s trying to do and help have some influence !!

Yea we are getting new stock in weekly we have asked the client to email us or call back and will will let them know it’s in

Client : what’s an email ? how do I use this phone is it the same as the paperless tickets ??? I can’t do that man f***ing shit this club like asking me to use my phone and send emails and use that thing called the inter web to check stock levels

"Hi, Sara here.... so you have set up a model that demands the customer use an emailing facility to order items when you already have data and info showing this is going to be a barrier?"

"That's correct"

"It appears the way you are using user research information to inform your business model is flawed, and for that reason im out"

The morale is your can’t always get what you want he’s here now so need to get behind what he’s trying to do and help have some influence !!
Absolute Tosh again, what the f*ck was he trying to do for the Derby against the Mags, apart from alienating the vast majority of supporters and making us a laughing stock across global media.

Absolute Tosh again, what the f*ck was he trying to do for the Derby against the Mags, apart from alienating the vast majority of supporters and making us a laughing stock across global media.
How the fuck can he implement anything in that space of time man! he prob not seen half the fuckers play hence why Ekwah was playing so deep plus he’s trying to change habits

I posted before this window opened that come last night, we would all know exactly what the ambitions of the owners of our Club really are....

Over a year and no proven goal scorer, No central defensive midfield player.

The simple truth is the ownership group, KLD, Sartori ,Speakman, Davison etc are taking the piss out of the Clubs supporters. Since the summer, they have shown not one bit of ambition, quite the opposite in reality. They have, in the past, the ownership have been frugal of truth with the actual ownership and more recently with the FA cup tie and BCB fiasco and have deliberately mocked the fans. Their vision and promises, the pursuit of what frankly is becoming a major goal for the club, to be fully sustainable is just pie in the Sky..

The fact is not one club, without any form of real monetary investment across the entire "Football Pyramid", is a sustainable venture, not one. The indications were there for all to see at the end of this transfer window with a mere £89.9m being spent as opposed to previous years, last year being one of the highest ever £900m almost. Sunderland AFC are reported to have spent £2m and that on a winger. As supporters, It is no use us prattling on about the state of the ground or the lack of properly funded players. We all know the team has been crying out for over a year for a regular goalscorer (yes, they don't grow on trees) but in what seems a total lack of ambition by the recruitment team this has been ignored for the past three transfer windows. That ultimately stop at the top with KLD and the ownership group of the Club.

The fact we are chasing players who cost little ,hoping, they come good and the last three head coaches who cost even less should set the alarm bells ringing for every single supporter when viewed across the club. I really, really thought when KLD came on board and his then vision and his ambitions for Our Club that he gave to each and everyone of us were like a breath of fresh air. Unlike most previous owners, this particular fella was going to change all of that or so I thought..

As it is, now some 2 and a bit years down the road, its becoming clearer every day that he is no different to those who have gone before him. Those people who loved the limelight but were devoid of any real ambition in pushing our Club forward. Despite his seemingly apologetic manner on X for the recent BCB Debacle and his promise of a swift investigations into the BCB debacle and his determination in putting it right (were still waiting Louis) little has changed. Yes, the squad is younger, but seriously lacking in experience with areas that have required serious attention for going on 18 months left unaddressed. Unless things change dramatically and he does have time to turn things around, history, much like the BCB Debacle, will be found to be no better of a owner than some of those who have went before .

Out of all of this though, the ownership group does seem to be crystal clear on one thing...The continued lack of any real capital investment albeit over all aspects of the club. The shambolic retail side, Corporate (unless your a Mag) ,Ticketing where there is a real disconnect with supporters or even trying to contact the club when problems arrive, even the club staff know this and are embarrassed. I'm still waiting for a response from an email to the Club in offering to sort out damage to the BCB free of charge.

Harness that with what seems to be a total abrogation toward the maintenance of the SoL or the AoL and an ever tightening of the purse string would suggest that as no inward investment is forth coming. It is possible (I have my own reasons for thinking this) that the current ownership is ready to bail out ,maybe because they cant stand the justifiable criticism that they are under. It baffles me that even with so called Sunderland Supporters directly involved with the running of the Club and within the ownership hierarchy , how they have allowed this to happen is Shameful of a supporter.

Last edited:
"Hi, Sara here.... so you have set up a model that demands the customer use an emailing facility to order items when you already have data and info showing this is going to be a barrier?"

"That's correct"

"It appears the way you are using user research information to inform your business model is flawed, and for that reason im out"
We have set up a model that avoids waste product and maximises profit Sarah a recent fans meeting suggested we need to be more profitable commercially and last year we binned 12000 tops as people bought theirs off dh gate soething we couldn’t foresee

We have set up a model that avoids waste product and maximises profit Sarah a recent fans meeting suggested we need to be more profitable commercially and last year we binned 12000 tops as people bought theirs off dh gate soething we couldn’t foresee
That was because the Retail method of sale and the system were more often closed or not available due to staffing ...Now that is a fact and is minuted .

How the fuck can he implement anything in that space of time man! he prob not seen half the fuckers play hence why Ekwah was playing so deep plus he’s trying to change habits
So he mustn't have asked his back room staff what position they play or watched video's :lol:
I posted before this window opened that come last night, we would all know exactly what the ambitions of the owners of our Club really are....

Over a year and no proven goal scorer, No central defensive midfield player.

The simple truth is the ownership group, KLD, Sartori ,Speakman, Davison etc are taking the piss out of the Clubs supporters. Since the summer, they have shown not one bit of ambition, quite the opposite in reality. They have, in the past, the ownership have been frugal of truth with the actual ownership and more recently with the FA cup tie and BCB fiasco and have deliberately mocked the fans. Their vision and promises, the pursuit of what frankly is becoming a major goal for the club, to be fully sustainable is just pie in the Sky..

The fact is not one club, without any form of real monetary investment across the entire "Football Pyramid", is a sustainable venture, not one. The indications were there for all to see at the end of this transfer window with a mere £89.9m being spent as opposed to previous years, last year being one of the highest ever £900m almost. Sunderland AFC are reported to have spent £2m and that on a winger. As supporters, It is no use us prattling on about the state of the ground or the lack of properly funded players. We all know the team has been crying out for over a year for a regular goalscorer (yes, they don't grow on trees) but in what seems a total lack of ambition by the recruitment team this has been ignored for the past three transfer windows. That ultimately stop at the top with KLD and the ownership group of the Club.

The fact we are chasing players who cost little ,hoping, they come good and the last three head coaches who cost even less should set the alarm bells ringing for every single supporter when viewed across the club. I really, really thought when KLD came on board and his then vision and his ambitions for Our Club that he gave to each and everyone of us were like a breath of fresh air. Unlike most previous owners, this particular fella was going to change all of that or so I thought..

As it is, now some 2 and a bit years down the road, its becoming clearer every day that he is no different to those who have gone before him. Those people who loved the limelight but were devoid of any real ambition in pushing our Club forward. Despite his seemingly apologetic manner on X for the recent BCB Debacle and his promise of a swift investigations into the BCB debacle and his determination in putting it right (were still waiting Louis) little has changed. Yes, the squad is younger, but seriously lacking in experience with areas that have required serious attention for going on 18 months left unaddressed. Unless things change dramatically and he does have time to turn things around, history, much like the BCB Debacle, will be found to be no better of a owner than some of those who have went before .

Out of all of this though, the ownership group does seem to be crystal clear on one thing...The continued lack of any real capital investment albeit over all aspects of the club. The shambolic retail side, Corporate (unless your a Mag) ,Ticketing where there is a real disconnect with supporters or even trying to contact the club when problems arrive, even the club staff know this and are embarrassed. I'm still waiting for a response from an email to the Club in offering to sort out damage to the BCB free of charge.

Harness that with what seems to be a total abrogation toward the maintenance of the SoL or the AoL and an ever tightening of the purse string would suggest that as no inward investment is forth coming. It is possible (I have my own reasons for thinking this) that the current ownership is ready to bail out ,maybe because they cant stand the justifiable criticism that they are under. It baffles me that even with so called Sunderland Supporters directly involved with the running of the Club and within the ownership hierarchy , how they have allowed this to happen is Shameful of a supporter.
Spot on mate...

Last edited:

"Touka here..... you've said stock has sold out. Yes. And you've decided not to replace it and and are therefore throwing away potential profits. Crazy. You mention 12k going to waste. Okay. But that figure isn't really relevant ti now but you at least have the forsight now. What you do is simple. You look at the last stock size that sold out and how quickly that took to sell and forecast going forward accordingly. What you dont do, in response to stakeholder feedback wanting profits, is refuse to restock a product that has sold out. Given you have zero business credentials I have no confidence in you and your approach making any sort of profit. Therefore Im out"

"Touka here..... you've said stock has sold out. Yes. And you've decided not to replace it and and are therefore throwing away potential profits. Crazy. You mention 12k going to waste. Okay. But that figure isn't really relevant ti now but you at least have the forsight now. What you do is simple. You look at the last stock size that sold out and how quickly that took to sell and forecast going forward accordingly. What you dont do, in response to stakeholder feedback wanting profits, is refuse to restock a product that has sold out. Given you have zero business credentials I have no confidence in you and your approach making any sort of profit. Therefore Im out"
We do restock sensible levels touka it wouldn’t be a wise move to fully stock the shop at this stage of the season with 6 games of the season remaining , if I can just check your full name and I’ll ring you when we have a delivery , so I’ve got touka Karen and what’s your surname

I’m as annoyed as the next bloke that we don’t seem to have any real Desire to get promoted!

However…. If this model thing is gonna work it needs big sales and reinvestments.

The summer will bring one or two of these big sales, around the 20million mark, then we’ll really see (I’m aware we’ve sold Stewart and lihadji)

We do restock sensible levels touka it wouldn’t be a wise move to fully stock the shop at this stage of the season with 6 games of the season remaining , if I can just check your full name and I’ll ring you when we have a delivery , so I’ve got touka Karen and what’s your surname

"No one has said to fully stock the shop have they? Unless your data suggests you should? It seems youve done the opposite though and not stocked at all.

Are you saying this amateurish approach has only happened in the last week or so due to the dwindling number of games? Also I like my football and don't think there is only six games to go. I suggest you look into your numbers. I'd also like to point out customers buy football shirts even when there isn't a game on, often choosing to buy a shirt on a day there is no game, midweek for example, so when there is a game they can go to it in their newly acquired football shirt.

I won't be giving out my name and phone number as you will probably sign me up to another of those ponzi schemes.

As I said, I'm out"

The whole striker situation is bizarre. I think we have and are willing to spend within our means (decent fees paid for several players) but for some reason we have spent the best part of a year not getting the 2 strikers we need.

It reminds me of under Bruce when for some reason we were signing striker after striker but were crying out for a winger and lb. Now it’s roles reversed.

It's not bizarre at all.

We are willing to spend modest sums on cheap players.

Good strikers do not come cheap, hence, why we don't have any.

It's not bizarre at all.

We are willing to spend modest sums on cheap players.

Good strikers do not come cheap, hence, why we don't have any.
We’ve just spent a combined 4m on a defender and another attacking midfielder. Realistically that is the highest fee we could afford for a player so could have signed a striker

Back