Being ran on a shoestring

The strip thing. I don't care if it makes no profit. It's the nuts and bolts of the entire club, how you recruit the next generation of fan, the absolute fibre of being a supporter. Kids walking around with their favourite team on their back, away on their hols, playing in the park. It's absolutely insane that you can get a Newcastle top in Sunderland but not a Sunderland one. It's gonna be hard enough to distract kids from joining that lot up the road. If you can't supply them with a kit to wear with pride then we might aswell give up. It's hilarious that a football supporter doesn't think this is a big deal. It's like they understand nothing about being a young lad/lass
Want are your thoughts on no kits being available for our last trip to Wembley? No biggy? The one time even the most snobby, ultra cool hipster supporter deems it acceptable to don a home strip.
You have had a full season to sort one out by that stage ! Who’s gonna buy a new strip at that stage of the season !
How do you know that ?
I have a nvq level 2 in supply chain management

100% agree, I'd love our commercial side to be like Leeds who are widely acknowledged as being very very good at it and make a lot of money from it. Like you say it also helps stop the younger fans from wandering off
Great point, I was at my grandsons football training last week and I was shocked at the lack of kids wearing Sunlund kits and the amount of kids wearing every other kit under the sun (including them up the road) and this was in the heart of Sunderland.

Great point, I was at my grandsons football training last week and I was shocked at the lack of kids wearing Sunlund kits and the amount of kids wearing every other kit under the sun (including them up the road) and this was in the heart of Sunderland.
Them scruffy ***** down the road never have them off their backs man wear them for 2 weeks solid on holiday we wash ours

It's a disgrace, hopefully the new kit deal fixes it, but with this lot in charge I don't know if it will

Standard practice from him. Defends the club blindly, gets pulled up on it with basic facts, then ignores it and goes off on another tangent.

And repeat over and over. We are about an hour away from him mentioning @Hongkongphooey and the Harry kane thread if previous days are to be repeated
Thats all some posters on here have got mate :lol: If it makes them feel better bumping a thread nearly 8 years old or replying with Harry Kane when they are scrambling about looking for shit to throw back at me, that says more about them than me;)

Thats all some posters on here have got mate :lol: If it makes them feel better bumping a thread nearly 8 years old or replying with Harry Kane when they are scrambling about looking for shit to throw back at me, that says more about them than me;)
You literally have nothing good to say about the club man :)

The dirty dozen need some therapy on here man

Peter Jones wants to further probe the merchandising issue.

"So, you are saying you have no stock because you've sold it all?"

"That's correct"

"Presumably you'd be looking to get more in then as there is clearly a demand"

"How do you work that out?"

"Well you had stock, it sold, so if you get more in, that is likely to sell too"

"What!? and potentially buy too much and have waste? Give your head a wobble Peter!"

"I'm out!"

I think serious questions have to be asked about the off-field stuff. They've had the benefit of the doubt, they've had time and good will, and most of all they've had financial support from our fanbase.

The club are absolutely taking the piss out of supporters - and there seems no real reason for it, beyond the fact their either don't have the capabilities or the willingness to sort things out.

How much does it cost to have a handyman, cleaner, painter etc. Make things nicer for the fans - we're their customers ffs

August 6th I wrote that :lol:

I actually don't care about the on-field stuff. The model or whatever is pretty sound, if a little bit embarrassing to be the club that's skipping about for every penny and missing out on options because of it (I just wish they'd address the big holes in the squad, and not look for "bargain" after "bargain"). For me it's the off-field stuff that matters, making the club something the fans can be proud of.

As I said in August, for a club trying to be sustainable it makes zero sense not to invest in revenue streams. As I said then

They either don't have the capabilities or the willingness to sort things out.

I personally now believe it's willingness (although Davidson is completely incompetent, he'd of been sacked if it was just that). My gues sis probably because they're just looking to shift the club on for a profit without wasting money investing in things that will only bring about long-term benefits.

Peter Jones wants to further probe the merchandising issue.

"So, you are saying you have no stock because you've sold it all?"

"That's correct"

"Presumably you'd be looking to get more in then as there is clearly a demand"

"How do you work that out?"

"Well you had stock, it sold, so if you get more in, that is likely to sell too"

"What!? and potentially buy too much and have waste? Give your head a wobble Peter!"

"I'm out!"
Yea we are getting new stock in weekly we have asked the client to email us or call back and will will let them know it’s in

Client : what’s an email ? how do I use this phone is it the same as the paperless tickets ??? I can’t do that man f***ing shit this club like asking me to use my phone and send emails and use that thing called the inter web to check stock levels

Yea we are getting new stock in weekly we have asked the client to email us or call back and will will let them know it’s in

Client : what’s an email ? how do I use this phone is it the same as the paperless tickets ??? I can’t do that man f***ing shit this club like asking me to use my phone and send emails and use that thing called the inter web to check stock levels
😂😂😂😂 some mental gymnastics going on here

You literally have nothing good to say about the club man :)
I judge it how I see it, not like yourself who blindly believes that the club can do no wrong. I never wanted Mowbray sacked, he was thrown under the bus by the owner and Speakman, I didn't want Beale like 90% of supporters, the Mag game was an absolute shit show, again with nobody from the club taking responsibility and now the 3rd shit transfer window in a row, where the striker situation, brought on by Speakman in previous windows , has been completely ignored again. But,but,but Grigg, but,but,but Donald, but,but,but Short.

Back