Being Overpaid by Work

Status
Not open for further replies.
doesnt HMRC state it's 15p per mile? 15p per mile for the excess based on 5 days per week is about 450 quid per year
45p per mile for the first 10,000 miles then it drops to 25p per mile
5p extra if you have a passenger in the car

my mileage is 13miles e/w but when i started the boss told me we aalways round up to the nearest ten.
40 miles round trip when i actually do 26

£18 per day for a (approx) £3.50 outgoing isn't too bad at all

No it’s not really a grey area it’s theft under section 24A of the 1968 Theft Act as amended in 1996. If you blatantly go ahead and spend what you clearly knew was mistakenly paid and it’s a large amount in theory you could get up to 10 years.
What you’re describing doesn’t look like the same thing though as it wasn’t paid by mistake, that’s simple non-repayment of a debt.
I was just giving a story that was similar to the thread, wasn't trying to prove something one way or the other with it.

I thought just keeping an overpayment was fraudulent by failing to disclose you'd received the cash and somebody losing out because of it but I'm no lawyer, I can't quite sections or acts, cheers for the info.

I’m overpaid every week :lol: ‘31 miles’ when it’s only 20. Thank you very much. Worth a few K over the year.

A company I worked for was being taken over and used an excuse of "over claiming mileage" to sack me even though it was a genuine error.

I top decked the executive toilet on the way out and also put a medical claim in so I like to think it all evened itself out.

The furry c*nts

A lad I used to live with, when I was 19, was working at Orange. Left the company, and got paid his fully salary for 15 months after.

I don't even know what means

Top Decking: To drop ones bait in the cistern rather than the bowl.

It stinks the place out and nobody knows why until a plumber is called.

P.S. The medical claim was not linked to the top decking
A lad I used to live with, when I was 19, was working at Orange. Left the company, and got paid his fully salary for 15 months after.

Did they ask for it back?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back