Being on strike / money

Government have no money, do you want to borrow it and let our grandkids pay it back or tax our kids now?
Well the kids nowadays won’t ever retire so they can pay for our final salary pensions. Personally I’d rather they had better pension prospects and tax the big multinationals and close all tax avoidance loopholes for the super rich to help fund them but bitter twats like you who’ve jumped onto the race to the bottom bandwagon will see to it the wrong people will continue to be blamed.

Father in law worked on top for the NCB , went on strike not that he had much choice, went back the week before it officially finished.

Found out the local NUM bloke had been putting his and other names down to claim funds for travel down to Orgreave where he’d never been.

Took his bit at 60 , 95% of his basic pay plus his pension paid up.

No brainier , but the strike a very hard time for him and his family.

:lol:

I get double time when I strike. I should really do it more in the new year.

No wonder the miners went on strike for over a year Moo. Only surprise is they didn't do it longer.
Government have no money, do you want to borrow it and let our grandkids pay it back or tax our kids now?

The government have no money. f***ing hell, you're a dream ticket :lol:
Well the kids nowadays won’t ever retire so they can pay for our final salary pensions. Personally I’d rather they had better pension prospects and tax the big multinationals and close all tax avoidance loopholes for the super rich to help fund them but bitter twats like you who’ve jumped onto the race to the bottom bandwagon will see to it the wrong people will continue to be blamed.

Good post.

Last edited:
No wonder the miners went on strike for over a year Moo. Only surprise is they didn't do it longer.

The government have no money. f***ing hell, you're a dream ticket :lol:

Good post.
They have no money, isn’t this well known?

all they do redistribute tax payers money.
The wrong people? I know a lot of people hoarding pensions they paid fuck all into.

I agree the multinationals should pay too but it’s not a case of either or.

Last edited:
Well, yes, but those you seem to be happy about being shafted aren't those people. And like I said, if it's deemed unsustainable there should be a cut off. As there is. So those who signed a deal have it honoured. Those starting from that point where it changes sign up to a new deal, even if it's worse than others who joined before them. What isn't right is ripping up existing deals.

I got no pay rise for seven years. Doesn't mean I ever begrudged others getting one. It shouldnt be a race to the bottom but that's what the string pullers want and many seem happy to oblige.
They got what they wanted, well done to them.
As for a race to the bottom, not for me.
Others are welcome to try.

No you don’t get paid but when the government are found to have illegally fucked with your pension you will be compensated.
Our union have just had a major victory over the Tory bastards and I’m f***ing quids in because of it, epic bellend @Pop will be furious 🤣
Anyone not in a union or against them should be handcuffed to a wild pig.

The problem in my experience of been in a union for 26 years, is the principle of union and what it stands for I totally agree with, however my experience of them is I hoped they would stand up for the hard worker and not let the employer exploit the workers, however that has not been the case, in fact they have supported the lazy and workshy, and in a lot of cases the union reps themselves have been the laziest of the lot.

I find that pretty sad myself.
As my view of unions over that 26 years as been pretty negative.

Last edited:
They have no money, isn’t this well known?

all they do redistribute tax payers money.

The wrong people? I know a lot of people hoarding pensions they paid fuck all into.

I agree the multinationals should pay too but it’s not a case of either or.
You are just making stuff up now like.

What’s wrong with the 15% pay rise?

The pits were finished, if they could make a profit, a private company would have taken them over.

Why should our kids pay for pensions that you didn’t contribute enough to?
If unions have negotiated a deal that isn’t solvent that’s their fault as well as the government. If it was a private sector company the scheme would go bust.

I've already mentioned why on another thread. Which you've actually contributed to... :lol:

Back