Being ill at Christmas

Arrived in the country on 22nd. Tickly throat for a couple of days then felt like shit and tested positive for covid Christmas Day. Been laid up isolating ever since. Taste and smell is slowly returning so hopefully worst is behind me. Only here till 6th so I've wasted a fair chunk of the holiday.

It's the worst thing ever. I got stuck down with gastroenteritis on Christmas Eve where I ended up on a drip on Boxing Day. I'm out now but still nowhere near right and Christmas this year has just been a complete write off.
Your illness sounds worse than mine tho you wouldn’t think it going by how pathetic I’m acting! Hacking caught and wheezing chest every time I breath out when lying down means I haven’t slept for a few days. Travelling to Cornwall for a wedding today. 😩

Whole family struck down with that gastric bug on Christmas Eve morning - both ends flowing. We all just surfaced yesterday , so Christmas was a write off this year - bog/bed/bog/bed .
Still not 100%. 🤮💩

I felt a bit rubbish Christmas Eve and when I woke next morning I felt as bad as when I caught Covid. Spent all day in bed and most of Boxing Day too. Thankfully feel much better today which I’m putting down to overdosing on fruit for the past few days.
You’re similar to me. Christmas Eve we were taking the bairns swimming, felt a bit “fluey” on the drive there. Anyhow, went swimming, probably took my mind off it & got in & opened a few imperial stouts, so felt tremendous. Woke up about 5:30am on Christmas morning & felt minging. You know when it’s not a hangover. Made myself be sick, battled through Christmas morning, felt ok, went to the pub, felt champion, finished my last bite of dinner & was completely wiped out. Sat around all Boxing Day, 27th, did the soft play with the bairns & had to have a rest by the time I got to the top :lol: Completely wiped out.

I feel “ok” now, but my farts & shits are still deathly like. Even I know my farts are bad, my insides must be rotten. Had a couple of cans last night & stopped drinking & went back onto pop & in bed early.

Just absolutely knackered all the time.

Started feeling shit Boxing Day with tickly throat then cough developed with aches and pains. Thankfully started clearing shit from my chest this morning so hopefully it's fairly short-lived as it's my birthday Saturday and can't be arsed to be ill for another one. Always seems to be I get ill around this time.

Thought I'd be alright as I was ill not long before Christmas but must be a different strain of something.

We have a few regulars at work always ill these in-between days at Christmas. When others are taking holidays and your down to bare bones staff wise .
Poor things

Had Norovirus just before Christmas, that turned in to a full blown cold, that’s now a sinus infection that’s slowly going away on antibiotics.

We have a few regulars at work always ill these in-between days at Christmas. When others are taking holidays and your down to bare bones staff wise .
Poor things
I off anyway so I’m off the hook. I know the type though, I worked in a call centre for a few years a while ago. It’s like the script was already wrote.

Caught my first cold in ages this week, started with a sore throat on Xmas Day (which is still there now), the voice is deep and croaky, and I'm sneezing and coughing too. 🙄 Not covid as I did a test. It's always the same when I mix with people at festive events, should stick with being anti social! 😂

Felt a bit iffy over Christmas. Been back to work for 2 days, and turns out I've got Covid.
Never had it before, so didn't recognise the symptoms.
Just feel knackered all the time, but can't really get a decent period of sleep.
That’s exactly what I’ve been like for the past 48 hours.

It's the worst thing ever. I got stuck down with gastroenteritis on Christmas Eve where I ended up on a drip on Boxing Day. I'm out now but still nowhere near right and Christmas this year has just been a complete write off.
Ive not been top dough myself but at this point in time think " well as far as i know there will be another Xmas and its law of averages I'll be bad on the odd one "
Started feeling shit Boxing Day with tickly throat then cough developed with aches and pains. Thankfully started clearing shit from my chest this morning so hopefully it's fairly short-lived as it's my birthday Saturday and can't be arsed to be ill for another one. Always seems to be I get ill around this time.

Thought I'd be alright as I was ill not long before Christmas but must be a different strain of something.
Aye its hit me twice in rapid succession, seem to have had a bug on me since late November with only a week between

Last edited:

Back