Being ill at Christmas

I felt a bit rubbish Christmas Eve and when I woke next morning I felt as bad as when I caught Covid. Spent all day in bed and most of Boxing Day too. Thankfully feel much better today which I’m putting down to overdosing on fruit for the past few days.

I've had a bad cough since I finished work on Friday, wouldnt be that bad but had a hernia repair recently so not the most fun when coughing!

Been ill myself since the 22nd, but soldiered on, barely eaten since then, can only hold down liquid foods, vomiting constantly and severe stomach pains, had to ring into work yesterday because I can barely move without being sick.
Brutal but I’m coming to the end of it I think (hope) because I ate a pork pie and 4 crisps earlier without being sick.

Felt a bit iffy over Christmas. Been back to work for 2 days, and turns out I've got Covid.
Never had it before, so didn't recognise the symptoms.
Just feel knackered all the time, but can't really get a decent period of sleep.

It's the worst thing ever. I got stuck down with gastroenteritis on Christmas Eve where I ended up on a drip on Boxing Day. I'm out now but still nowhere near right and Christmas this year has just been a complete write off.
Aw god that's awful man, wishing you a speedy recovery my love-big hugs 🤗😘 xx

I was diagnosed with bone cancer in my right arm and elbow and had surgery a few weeks ago. I'm on morphene, my right arm is in a cast from shoulder to wrist and I can't bloody sleep with what feels like metric ton on my arm. Then I catch my littlest's virus. On Christmas day I start to feel rotten, I test negative for covid but my head is rotten, exhausted all the time, I can't eat and feel like I'm going to barf all day long. Good news is that it apparently only lasts few days. 😳

Last edited:
Our lass and her family have been rotten ill ower Christmas. I think the sheer amount of alcohol I've consumed has made me immune.
Good few years back I came down with flu just afore New Year. Thought I was being shuffled off the mortal coil.

Back