Beatles.

Amazing what they produced in basically 8 years of output. The increased maturity of their songs year on year is amazing really.

People comparing Oasis to them man :) Even the Gallagher brothers would laugh at that!

Been enjoying a podcast called Something About the Beatles recently.

Its quite heavy and the 2 fellas have encyclopedic knowledge of the band so it's might do your head if you're only a casual fan

It's sent me firmly down the Beatles rabbit hole that I tend to visit every 6 or 7 years
Where’s the best place to listen to this without apps?

Another belter. As is Dear Prudence. And Cry Baby Cry. And Helter Skelter... What a record the white album is.

Tomorrow Never Knows is their best work IMO though, so ahead of its time.
Always loved the Anthology version. Quite enjoyed Beady Eye doing it as well.

It’s Only Love is another favourite from the Anthology’s. I was a bit gutted to find out Lennon hated the song.

Always loved the Anthology version. Quite enjoyed Beady Eye doing it as well.

It’s Only Love is another favourite from the Anthology’s. I was a bit gutted to find out Lennon hated the song.

Speaking of Love, I absolutely love Real Love. Got a couple of demo versions from before they finally put it together properly. Love the melody. I think one version is on Lennons Wonsaponatime, which includes my favourite ever Lennon solo tune, I'm Losing You (such a raw aggressive version).

Oasis songs top 5 vs The Beatles songs top 5

Oasis will win

Wonderwall Yesterday
Don't look back in anger Let it be
D'you know what I mean Come Together
Live Forever Twist and Shout
Roll with it Hey Jude

Thats Oasis's top 5 selling and just a couple of the Beatles pulled out the air, don't know whether its their top sellers. Thats a bold statement to make.

P.S. I like Oasis more.

Had a "Beatlethon" today on the back of this thread, probably 90% of the songs written by Lennon/McCartney or Harrison would have been deemed good enough to be released as singles by other bands of the time.

Incomparable.

Where’s the best place to listen to this without apps?

It looks like you can stream or download from the website here

Something About The Beatles -

No idea if that works or has the past 150 episodes though

Had a "Beatlethon" today on the back of this thread, probably 90% of the songs written by Lennon/McCartney or Harrison would have been deemed good enough to be released as singles by other bands of the time.

Incomparable.

I had a look at them "every Beatles song ranked" things today. Normally with any other band you have to scroll half way down to get to a song you know, then further to the good stuff

There was 188 songs listed and within the first 10 there were songs I rated. The quantity and quality is astonishing

Here if anyone give a fuck
Ranking the greatest Beatles songs, from No. 1 to No. 188

Last edited:
I was probably just joking tbh I don't think Oasis are really like The Beatles, Radiohead would be a better modern comparison.....but my top 5 would be

Oasis:
Live Forever
Slide Away
D'Yer Wanna Be A Spaceman
It's Good to be Free
Listen Up

Beatles:
Strawberry Fields Forever
In My Life
A Day in the Life
I am the Walrus
And I Love Her

Prefer John's stuff...
Fair play to you. I can’t decide a top 5 for either tbh
But my number 1 oasis song is whatever.

Wonderwall Yesterday
Don't look back in anger Let it be
D'you know what I mean Come Together
Live Forever Twist and Shout
Roll with it Hey Jude

Thats Oasis's top 5 selling and just a couple of the Beatles pulled out the air, don't know whether its their top sellers. Thats a bold statement to make.

P.S. I like Oasis more.
Well done for managing to pick a song the The Beatles didn't actually write. :lol:

Back