Beatles.

Big part of being considered great i would say

Not really,the records are what define them but all you see visually is black n white shakey head teeny pop stuff .Other greats Led zep,Floyd,Cream ,hendrix etc you have this great live footage that completes the picture .Turns out the packed in live stuff which i think is a chink in the armour
There's plenty of bootlegged live shows, the material may be of the time but the performances show them for what they are, a superb live band and great musicians, technology had moved on at a lightening pace, there wasn't much more than a few 4 x 12 speaker columns when the Beatles were gigging, no mixing desks and huge pa rigs then, so you can't really compare later bands,

There's plenty of bootlegged live shows, the material may be of the time but the performances show them for what they are, a superb live band and great musicians, technology had moved on at a lightening pace, there wasn't much more than a few 4 x 12 speaker columns when the Beatles were gigging, no mixing desks and huge pa rigs then, so you can't really compare later bands,
Not thinking of later bands though a few years could make a difference between mid 60s and the Cream gigs etc .I was a kid in this era but it seemed to be one of progression experimenting and great live shows .Stuff like this
I don't see Beatles stuff like this anywhere

Not thinking of later bands though a few years could make a difference between mid 60s and the Cream gigs etc .I was a kid in this era but it seemed to be one of progression experimenting and great live shows .Stuff like this
I don't see Beatles stuff like this anywhere
The Beatles kicked the doors down for those bands to exist, the white album was released in 68, you didn't get much more progressive or experimental than that then and they could have performed that with ease, Zep and many of the groups at that time were just an extension of the British blues scene, it did progress at an alarming rate, but I think that was down to a couple of things, the Marshall amp for one and better pa systems, but the Beatles pushed a lot of technology, they were one of the first bands to use a Moog, fuzz, Wha wha, and many other things, as well as changing the way bands recorded, they were the pace setters, the fact they didn't play live was mainly down to Lennon and Harrison not wanting to gig, I get it that you don't like the Beatles, which I find really weird, considering you play an instrument, but credit where it's due mate, I'd love to see what their creative minds would done with today technology if it was possible to transport it back to their hay day.

The Beatles kicked the doors down for those bands to exist, the white album was released in 68, you didn't get much more progressive or experimental than that then and they could have performed that with ease, Zep and many of the groups at that time were just an extension of the British blues scene, it did progress at an alarming rate, but I think that was down to a couple of things, the Marshall amp for one and better pa systems, but the Beatles pushed a lot of technology, they were one of the first bands to use a Moog, fuzz, Wha wha, and many other things, as well as changing the way bands recorded, they were the pace setters, the fact they didn't play live was mainly down to Lennon and Harrison not wanting to gig, I get it that you don't like the Beatles, which I find really weird, considering you play an instrument, but credit where it's due mate, I'd love to see what their creative minds would done with today technology if it was possible to transport it back to their hay day.
I like them but don't buy into adoration and genius's stuff and I think more so, people who can't get that some don't agree with them on it all .I respect all good musicians but also find a lot of stuff classed as good playing dull
Not that the fab four went that route

Been enjoying a podcast called Something About the Beatles recently.

Its quite heavy and the 2 fellas have encyclopedic knowledge of the band so it's might do your head if you're only a casual fan

It's sent me firmly down the Beatles rabbit hole that I tend to visit every 6 or 7 years

Had a 45 min each way drive yesterday (which is only time I really listen to music now) - so treated myself to Rubber Soul on way there and Revolver on way back. 2 absolutely outstanding albums. Looking back I think Rubber Soul was Lennon's finest hour (Norwegian Wood, Nowhere Man, Girl, In My Life)

Had a 45 min each way drive yesterday (which is only time I really listen to music now) - so treated myself to Rubber Soul on way there and Revolver on way back. 2 absolutely outstanding albums. Looking back I think Rubber Soul was Lennon's finest hour (Norwegian Wood, Nowhere Man, Girl, In My Life)
I agree.

Top tune

All above posts saying they’re ‘overated’ and ‘shite’ should be embarrassed

Peoples perogative to like what they like, but to claim they’re shite is just absolute nonesense

This from 1964 thousands of screaming girls, tin pot amps and speakers and sound systems compared with later and today, but what a performance.
Starts a bit shaky think the mikes weren’t working properly but when they get into it absolutely fantastic.
The vocals from Lennon and then McCartney and the whole energy is just way ahead of anything that was around then.
Also look at that “bland” drummer at the back.
It’s frustrating they packed in live in ‘66 because these boys apart from being the Daddy’s anyway would have blew them all away as a live band as well.

Last edited:
What would you say are the top 5 for both like?

Not arguing with ya like. I love both bands

I’ve thrown away better songs iirc
I was probably just joking tbh I don't think Oasis are really like The Beatles, Radiohead would be a better modern comparison.....but my top 5 would be

Oasis:
Live Forever
Slide Away
D'Yer Wanna Be A Spaceman
It's Good to be Free
Listen Up

Beatles:
Strawberry Fields Forever
In My Life
A Day in the Life
I am the Walrus
And I Love Her