Beatles.

I had a look at them "every Beatles song ranked" things today. Normally with any other band you have to scroll half way down to get to a song you know, then further to the good stuff

There was 188 songs listed and within the first 10 there were songs I rated. The quantity and quality is astonishing

Here if anyone give a fuck
Ranking the greatest Beatles songs, from No. 1 to No. 188

This is absolute proof of their amazing talent, which some numpties seem to have missed. (Wouldn't make the finals of Britain's Got Talent ffs!!)
Going down that list, I found I could sing a line from over half those songs, even fifty years later. (And I was a Stones fan, for what it's worth.) That's about a hundred memorable tunes from a band that was only together for eight years. The best songwriters the world has ever seen would struggle to do that in a lifetime. (Carol King? Dylan maybe?)

Last edited:
They basically nicked the melody from Neil Innes, who played the parody John Lennon in The Rutles.

The Rutles is a work of pure genius.
To parody it with such attention to detail shows a clear love of the Beatles, and the songs are works of art. To copy the Beatles to make the Rutles songs sound so much like them without being direct rip offs and then make it funny as well is fantastic.

Which ironically is their most Beatles sounding song.

Also think A Bell Will Ring and (Probably) All In The Mind are extremely close to the Beatles sound. Revolver/Magical Mystery Tour/Paperback Writer and Rain

Last edited:
To parody it with such attention to detail shows a clear love of the Beatles, and the songs are works of art. To copy the Beatles to make the Rutles songs sound so much like them without being direct rip offs and then make it funny as well is fantastic.

Also think A Bell Will Ring and (Probably) All In The Mind are extremely close to the Beatles sound. Revolver/Magical Mystery Tour/Paperback Writer and Rain

Some of The Rutles' Beatle parodies were good songs in their own right to be fair

Hmm, still no comment from @dangermows...

:lol:

It's well known. Not sure what I was supposed to say? It's not like they've not ripped owt else off :lol:

A bell will ring is topper.

Back