Be here now

I listened to all Oasis albums all the way through last week. You don’t realise how good definitely maybe was like. The later stuff was utter crap.

Masterplan my own personal favourite.
Wasn’t utter crap like. SOTSOG was shit, in hindsight Heathen Chemistry was poor. DBTT was pretty good. The last one was a grower. Definitely Maybe set an impossible standard

Wasn’t utter crap like. SOTSOG was shit, in hindsight Heathen Chemistry was poor. DBTT was pretty good. The last one was a grower. Definitely Maybe set an impossible standard
Aye me over exaggerating again. They seemed to lose their way but each album had one or two cracking songs on.

I'll be honest I love the whole album now. At the time wasn't too fussed on Magic Pie but as I hurtle through the years that and Don't Go Away have grown on me. DYKWIM , My Big Mouth , Fade in Out , Be Here Now and it's getting better man make you want to stick your chin out , prowl around and buy a new coat. Its a class album. Outstanding times back then

Aye me over exaggerating again. They seemed to lose their way but each album had one or two cracking songs on.
Even DM has for me flaws though i’ve never enjoyed Shakermaker and have to be in the right place to enjoy some others from the album !

Oasis are a bizarre band to enjoy for me though because i love fade in out, enjoy magic pie, keep the dream alive and some lesser enjoyed songs by them !

i think they set a high standard but followed the common trend of decent debuts and 2nd/3rd albums before the change in life and money changes them and storytelling leaves the band ! OCS, Stereophonics, to a degree Blur had the same although Blur and of late Phonics when They returned to storytelling brought some decent music back

Just listened to it now not a scratch on it, doesn't jump probably because I listened to it once.
Released 25 years ago today have to say I've enjoyed it, but was massively disappointed 25 years ago

I’m sure most would disagree but after Definitely Maybe nothing has really impressed me, certainly not enough to buy anyway.

Not their best, but this entire (gmex - manchester) performance is on youtube and this version of Fade in Fade Out is IMO peak oasis.

The product of copious amounts of Colombian matching powder.

Alan White’s drumming is different class like

Noel’s guitar playing is mint as well, he admits he can’t play the solos and lead guitar like he used to anymore which is a shame.

Even DM has for me flaws though i’ve never enjoyed Shakermaker and have to be in the right place to enjoy some others from the album !

Oasis are a bizarre band to enjoy for me though because i love fade in out, enjoy magic pie, keep the dream alive and some lesser enjoyed songs by them !

i think they set a high standard but followed the common trend of decent debuts and 2nd/3rd albums before the change in life and money changes them and storytelling leaves the band ! OCS, Stereophonics, to a degree Blur had the same although Blur and of late Phonics when They returned to storytelling brought some decent music back
That's a good read...it's in the detail 👍

Back