Be here now

I loved the first album, liked the second and bought Be Here Now the day it was released. Listened to it immediately and couldn't believe how awful it was. Gave it another go but nothing changed, never bothered after that. Every now and then I think I'll listen again but never do. Occasionally listen to Definitely Maybe and a couple of odd songs but I have tempered my earlier excitement.

They were a good band but not a great one, though a lot of people seem to pretend they never liked them which is strange. Blur left me cold, except for Tender which is a super record.

They were a bit of a victim of their own popularity in some ways and that singles back then had 4 songs on them and Oasis tried to put some of their best tunes on all the singles. Must have felt they would keep creating massive tracks forever at the time but started running thin.

By today's standards where singles don't really exist they could have had a third album with some of:

The Master plan
Acquiesce
Do You Wanna Be A Spaceman
Half the World Away
Round Our Way
Rockin Chair
Fade Away
Step Out

Combined with some of the better songs from Be Here Now:

All Around The World
Stand By Me
Its Getting Better Man
Dyou Know What I Mean

Prob still wouldn't have been as good as the first two but would have been better than Be Here Now.

Still don't mind the album, can listen to it quite easily tbh.

One of the few that think is their best album. Aye off heads on coke and sounds like it but sign of the times. If had to listen to one album of Oasis would be this one, although the togetherness of cast no shadow and she’s electric on what’s story is classic

I loved the first album, liked the second and bought Be Here Now the day it was released. Listened to it immediately and couldn't believe how awful it was. Gave it another go but nothing changed, never bothered after that. Every now and then I think I'll listen again but never do. Occasionally listen to Definitely Maybe and a couple of odd songs but I have tempered my earlier excitement.

They were a good band but not a great one, though a lot of people seem to pretend they never liked them which is strange. Blur left me cold, except for Tender which is a super record.
I gave BHN another chance a few months ago, and can confirm that it's still f***ing awful. I still love the earlier stuff mind.

Anybody saying Be Here Now isn’t brilliant is obviously a f***ing dribbler
One of the few that think is their best album. Aye off heads on coke and sounds like it but sign of the times. If had to listen to one album of Oasis would be this one, although the togetherness of cast no shadow and she’s electric on what’s story is classic
If you gave me a fresh carnation
I would only crush its tender petals
With me you'll have no escape
And at the same time there'll be nowhere to settle

Last edited:
I don't understand how some people don't like Be Here Now....I listen to it more than the previous two albums, and never listen to What's the Story apart from Hello, Hey Now, and Cast no Shadow.

Setting the tent up in Kirkby Stephen, pissing down with rain, can in hand, listening to this classic

Setting the tent up in Kirkby Stephen, pissing down with rain, can in hand, listening to this classic

Fuck it, Slide Away’s came on. Be Here Now is shite!

Fuck it, Slide Away’s came on. Be Here Now is shite!
Magic Pie :cool:

Last edited:

Back