BBC2 9pm Tonight (The funeral murders)

I was very young when this happened but have always remembered snapshots of the footage from the news. Awful stuff.

I remember this anarl from the time. We used to get all sorts of really bad stuff reported back then but amongst it all, I'll never forget watching what must have been absolutely terrifying for them poor lads. The closest a film has come to dramatising a different fictionalised set of circumstances, was 71.

I think it was something that was on the IDs at the time, I joined up shortly after this!

I Joined in 88 and there was none of that info on ID then.

Aye that's the only explanation really, I'm surprised nothing's ever come out about what they were actually supposed to be doing

Let’s leave it at - They should not have been there!

Let’s leave it at - They should not have been there!
They didn't deserve to get lynched in the most horrific way....... They should have taken a few of the scumbags with them, fuck firing warning shots - their fairness didn't mean a thing to those animals.
As a kid I still remember the footage, the newspaper front pages and that shit scarred me for life :evil:.

I remember this anarl from the time. We used to get all sorts of really bad stuff reported back then but amongst it all, I'll never forget watching what must have been absolutely terrifying for them poor lads. The closest a film has come to dramatising a different fictionalised set of circumstances, was 71.

Is that the film with Jack o Connel in it? Very good that.

Did the SAS know they were unarmed in Gibraltar? Given they had 100 lbs + of explosives in the car it's not unreasonable to think they may have been armed.
Wasn’t in the car with them was it? Was found in the lassies motor back in Spain.

I remember this really vividly, still feel the same level of sheer shock watching the footage that I did in 1988

I'm nearly certain we were at home on the day of the murders of the British Lads at Anderstown, remember listening to the news in the car when it was on and sure we were going to a game.

For those interested, there are some great books -Shankhill Butchers by Martin Dillon; Brits, Provos and Loyalist books by Peter Taylor and Bandit Country by Toby Harnden are excellent. I do get that normal lads got drawn into paramilitary due to circumstances but there were some absolute psychos at play

I remember this really vividly, still feel the same level of sheer shock watching the footage that I did in 1988

I'm nearly certain we were at home on the day of the murders of the British Lads at Anderstown, remember listening to the news in the car when it was on and sure we were going to a game.

For those interested, there are some great books -Shankhill Butchers by Martin Dillon; Brits, Provos and Loyalist books by Peter Taylor and Bandit Country by Toby Harnden are excellent. I do get that normal lads got drawn into paramilitary due to circumstances but there were some absolute psychos at play

We Drew 1-1 with Notts County

He did a good book called Talking To Terrorists too. There was also an excellent BBC TV documentary on a few years ago called Provos based on one of his books.

The book Dirty War by Martin Dillon is also very good.

One minute in British jails there were high risk prisoners with life sentences for murdering innocent men,women and children.
The next they were all released.

Well done the good Friday agreement.

How anyone, no matter how much of a Loyalist they are, can revere Michael Stone after what he did is beyond me. The man was deranged. Attacking a funeral for fuck’s sake, even an IRA funeral.

What happens to those two soldiers was also sickening. Again, I imagine some of the sick bastards that did it boast about it today in some grotty little shithole on the Falls Road.

Did the SAS know they were unarmed in Gibraltar? Given they had 100 lbs + of explosives in the car it's not unreasonable to think they may have been armed.
At the time, my uncle was a WO2 with 1 Royal Anglian who were the resident battalion in Gibraltar and would have been a likely victim had they succeeded in planting and detonating their bombs. As I also went on to serve with the same battalion when they relocated to Colchester there would also have been good mates that I would never have met. So I personally couldn’t give a hairy shite if they were unarmed or not. The SAS did a bloody good job.

Back