BBC2 9pm Tonight (The funeral murders)

Violent delights is a good book from around that time, book ends in Gibraltar when the sas killed the ira operatives...

Scott graham is the author, really good read.

I've ended up making a mess of myself in there on many occasion. Class bar.
And they love a NE accent mind, well you would really if your own accent sounded like someone with blocked sinuses was shouting down a didgeridoo.

Loudest accent in all of Ireland the strabane accent

Just watched. My mate, who is in the army, said they got shown pics not available to the public, and one was of one of the victims with his cock chopped off and shoved in his gob.

Still a mystery why the 2 British soldiers were at the funeral, why they didn't drive through the crowds, use more force to try and escape

Shocking times

I wondered too.

How anyone, no matter how much of a Loyalist they are, can revere Michael Stone after what he did is beyond me. The man was deranged. Attacking a funeral for fuck’s sake, even an IRA funeral.

What happens to those two soldiers was also sickening. Again, I imagine some of the sick bastards that did it boast about it today in some grotty little shithole on the Falls Road.

All of this.

Last edited:
I remember this really vividly, still feel the same level of sheer shock watching the footage that I did in 1988

I'm nearly certain we were at home on the day of the murders of the British Lads at Anderstown, remember listening to the news in the car when it was on and sure we were going to a game.

For those interested, there are some great books -Shankhill Butchers by Martin Dillon; Brits, Provos and Loyalist books by Peter Taylor and Bandit Country by Toby Harnden are excellent. I do get that normal lads got drawn into paramilitary due to circumstances but there were some absolute psychos at play

I've read Bandit Country and a few other books on the troubles.

My mate was in the signals like the lads who were killed. He took me on a bit of a tour of the 'sites' when I went over one weekend for a piss up circa 1987. Divis Flats, Falls and Shankill Road etc. He had a pistol on him too.

He picked me up from Larne in an army car and I stopped in his army digs on Cregagh Estate in Belfast. None of it was a official, it was all a bit dodgy and ad hoc. We both had a great time, drinking in Holywood and out in the sticks as well as in Belfast It was just what young army lads did in those days.

Downloading the program now but saw the footage of both incidents back in the day.

Back