battlefield V....what the

You are a f***ing blight man. You just run around this board smearing your shit on all the walls, you utter spenk.

Yeah...educating the kids that no matter how grim the subject matter, if you manage a positive k/d ratio then all’s fine, and if you’re shot just wait a while and you’ll get 100% of your health back. It’s a game. Half of the people playing games these days are female. The crux of it is that it is a business decision to include women/gays/trans etc, it has nothing to do with SJWs and PC brigadiers, it’s a simple, capitalist, business decision.
I would be absolutely amazed if half of all gamers were female.

You are a f***ing blight man. You just run around this board smearing your shit on all the walls, you utter spenk.

Yeah...educating the kids that no matter how grim the subject matter, if you manage a positive k/d ratio then all’s fine, and if you’re shot just wait a while and you’ll get 100% of your health back. It’s a game. Half of the people playing games these days are female. The crux of it is that it is a business decision to include women/gays/trans etc, it has nothing to do with SJWs and PC brigadiers, it’s a simple, capitalist, business decision.

have no place playing video games

I would be absolutely amazed if half of all gamers were female.
Global gamers by age and gender 2017 | Statistic

Sorry, I was rounding up a bit. It’s more 45% female 55% male. Pretty much half and half though. Still a demographic that a profit-based enterprise isn’t going to want to ignore.

have no place playing video games
I’d be surprised if you play video games. You only migrated to this board to get more attention for your idiotic threads.

The developers have basically said fuck you if you don't like it don't buy it. So there you have it. It's not changing. Women and costumes/ characterisation will be in the game. It'll sell very well and looks to be the way games will be from now on. It's all about the money and appealing to all their markets not just one.

For me gaming is about immersion. Ww2 is history and whilst it is only a game I can't see how you can justify attempting to re write it. The campaign at the very least should remain historically accurate in all aspects. Online you have more poetic licence to add.

I really am a firm believer in developers having a responsibility to also educate gamers with their games when using the likes of WW2 and WW1. You don't do that by changing history.

Global gamers by age and gender 2017 | Statistic

Sorry, I was rounding up a bit. It’s more 45% female 55% male. Pretty much half and half though. Still a demographic that a profit-based enterprise isn’t going to want to ignore.

I’d be surprised if you play video games. You only migrated to this board to get more attention for your idiotic threads.

ive been on this board for 10+ years ya tulip, also been an avid gamer since i got a Commodore VIC 20 for xmas many years ago

The developers have basically said fuck you if you don't like it don't buy it. So there you have it. It's not changing. Women and costumes/ characterisation will be in the game. It'll sell very well and looks to be the way games will be from now on. It's all about the money and appealing to all their markets not just one.

For me gaming is about immersion. Ww2 is history and whilst it is only a game I can't see how you can justify attempting to re write it. The campaign at the very least should remain historically accurate in all aspects. Online you have more poetic licence to add.

I really am a firm believer in developers having a responsibility to also educate gamers with their games when using the likes of WW2 and WW1. You don't do that by changing history.

think its time to get back into PC gaming for me like there are 2 WW2 games coming that look very authenttic and rather good

Well you’ve really ramped up the bullshit over the last few months then, as I’ve not noticed you. Unless you’re an alter.......but they’re not allowed, are they...

depends how busy i am at work....or if im allowed internet access......as well as forgetting e-mail address of my first account and also various bans blah blah

depends how busy i am at work....or if im allowed internet access......as well as forgetting e-mail address of my first account and also various bans blah blah
This has kind of fizzled out, haha. Let’s be friends again, I apologise for jumping down your throat, but ‘snowflake’ gets my hackles right up!

To be honest obviously I have no idea what war is really like, but BF1 seemed to glorify it a bit with the online multiplayer but I have to give them credit for the story and the history articles you unlocked from certain challenges. They were really interesting and educational. In fact the first level of BF1 you are expected to die and the screen turns to black with the name of a real serviceman that lost his life in the great war. It's haunting.

As far as BFV is concerned, obviously we know from history lessons there were no metal armed cockney lesbians taking Normandy pillar boxes with their bare hands, but from the proper gameplay I've seen it was your run of the mill battlefield - so what people are moaning about will be story related more than likely.

At first I was impressed when they announced no special versions, season pass or pay to win. That being said they're obviously gonna bridge that gap by letting you buy pink facepaint and prototype weapons that were conceived in 1945 by the looks of it.

This has kind of fizzled out, haha. Let’s be friends again, I apologise for jumping down your throat, but ‘snowflake’ gets my hackles right up!

XX

im still pissed off with BF V tho i was really hoping for 1942 with frostbite times move on i suppose and u have to appeal to the masses in this fucked up modern world we live in

the maps and gamemodes look really good though and no doubt ill buy it

Not looking good for EA on the pre order front. Looks like their don't like it don't buy it comment is biting them back. Chief design officer, Partick Söderland also leaving after 20 years.

If it's true their response to fair criticism is 'don't buy it then', well then fuck them. It's not sexist to say its disappointing they've added women to infantry units with the option of a scotland flag face paint and yellow combat bottoms. It's ridiculous.

I'm not arsed if they have females in it or not. The initial trailer was what was a load of shit with the prosthetic arm and all the other shite.

BF V could still be very immersive and generally historically accurate even with female characters. End of the day I don't buy BF/COD because they are realistic. If you want a mil sim then things like Squad, ARMA and post scriptum are what you want.

Tbh given all the bad press the game has had and is getting. I think the game play I've seen online looks really good. Just a shame its launching just after Red Dead 2. I'm probably still going to buy it like.

They could've done all this in a separate multiplayer instead
This, or an add-on to the "vanilla" game. Fortnite had the sense to include options and it was the Battle Royale one that took off.

Sad that one or two management types can fuck up a multi-million pound game in this day and age.

Back