battlefield V....what the

what the actual fuck is going on here.

just seen a sreengrab with an Asian Woman with facepaint, A Black make in a vest top, somthing that looked like ant man and G.I. Joe

Logon or register to see this image

See, I like FPS and I’m a bit of a history buff so when I heard they were going ww1 with bf1 i was quite excited.

However they painted a rather colourful and somewhat fantasy like picture of that conflict and they’re going to do the same with ww2.

I wish they had had the balls to just drop an insanely gritty and brutal ww2 shooter, their engine is great and it would have been a great game, but no.

Just look at the number of female leads in the game announced at e3, that isn’t by chance.

See, I like FPS and I’m a bit of a history buff so when I heard they were going ww1 with bf1 i was quite excited.

However they painted a rather colourful and somewhat fantasy like picture of that conflict and they’re going to do the same with ww2.

I wish they had had the balls to just drop an insanely gritty and brutal ww2 shooter, their engine is great and it would have been a great game, but no.

Just look at the number of female leads in the game announced at e3, that isn’t by chance.
BFV is well and truly on the SJW train.

They may as well call it Battlefortnite

they have been getting loads of flack on social media etc basically one of the Devs responsed by saying what if my 13 year old daughter turns round and says well i can be a girl in fortnight daddy why cant i be one in world war 2

Cos apart from a few resistance fighters and some soviet women there were none you LITTLE WHINEY shit now fuck off to your room

All you misogynistic pricks calling for ‘gritty realism’ should just go and sit in a freezing ditch, terrified for your lives and flinching at loud noises, because I’m pretty sure that would be closer to the experience of the average soldier during ww1 and ww2. So stick your ‘SJW’ bollocks up your self-righteous arses and fuck off.

All you misogynistic pricks calling for ‘gritty realism’ should just go and sit in a freezing ditch, terrified for your lives and flinching at loud noises, because I’m pretty sure that would be closer to the experience of the average soldier during ww1 and ww2. So stick your ‘SJW’ bollocks up your self-righteous arses and fuck off.

erm ok snowflake

erm ok snowflake
I’m the snowflake? You’re the one crying on about realism in games and historical accuracy....IN A f***ing GAME. It’s the new ‘I’m not racist but......’

You’re a f***ing cancer on this board, and not content with smearing your shit all over the SMB you’ve decided to come over to the games section to do it as well.

Enough attention for you, gammon?

That's fair enough but there are already games like that out there. I don't understand why Battlefield...which has always been grounded in reality, has had to join the pack. I'm actually more bothered about the stupid costumes etc than the wimmens

Calm down treacle.

It's a game that has always been based pretty much on reality and what made it so popular. Having loads of lasses (and gays? That will be the next thing, giving them a mincing run and gay voices) running around in WW1/WW2 isn't going to be quite the same. They just were not there in any capacity. Games are not only just for fun but they also serve to educate and show just how f***ing horrible those wars were for the people who fought in them.

Having a lass storming Normandy shooting f***ing Nazi's isn't going to be very realistic. By all means have them in it, but in the capacity they actually were (resistance fighters etc.). You can still make heroes of them and show them in a good light doing the other shit outside of trench warfare.

I think my female character dressed in purple lycra with an aliens head on building walls in seconds might look a tad out of place.

If they want to add all these women and shite to a war game, just make up the whole war and they can do as they please.

I’m the snowflake? You’re the one crying on about realism in games and historical accuracy....IN A f***ing GAME. It’s the new ‘I’m not racist but......’

You’re a f***ing cancer on this board, and not content with smearing your shit all over the SMB you’ve decided to come over to the games section to do it as well.

Enough attention for you, gammon?

hahahaha dont takwe it out on me because your uncle dave fingered u after scout camp

Can't say I'm a massive fan of some of the gimmicks shown in the trailer, but watching people play it at E3 it looks a lot better. End of the day it's a video game and I wouldn't even class it as a mil-sim. It's a pick up and play game that's meant to be exciting and high impact.

If people want mil-sim (especially PC users) then play post-scritum or hell let loose. For modern mil-sim there is Arma and Squad. All fantastic games. Battlefield is not a mil-sim, so I wouldn't expect it to be 100% accurate.

Cant risk upsetting the PC brigade man can they?

It looks wank in all honesty

hahahaha dont takwe it out on me because your uncle dave fingered u after scout camp
You are a f***ing blight man. You just run around this board smearing your shit on all the walls, you utter spenk.

Calm down treacle.

It's a game that has always been based pretty much on reality and what made it so popular. Having loads of lasses (and gays? That will be the next thing, giving them a mincing run and gay voices) running around in WW1/WW2 isn't going to be quite the same. They just were not there in any capacity. Games are not only just for fun but they also serve to educate and show just how f***ing horrible those wars were for the people who fought in them.

Having a lass storming Normandy shooting f***ing Nazi's isn't going to be very realistic. By all means have them in it, but in the capacity they actually were (resistance fighters etc.). You can still make heroes of them and show them in a good light doing the other shit outside of trench warfare.

I think my female character dressed in purple lycra with an aliens head on building walls in seconds might look a tad out of place.

If they want to add all these women and shite to a war game, just make up the whole war and they can do as they please.
Yeah...educating the kids that no matter how grim the subject matter, if you manage a positive k/d ratio then all’s fine, and if you’re shot just wait a while and you’ll get 100% of your health back. It’s a game. Half of the people playing games these days are female. The crux of it is that it is a business decision to include women/gays/trans etc, it has nothing to do with SJWs and PC brigadiers, it’s a simple, capitalist, business decision.

Last edited:
Calm down treacle.

This.

It's all about immersion for me, and shooting a lass in the face who's wearing Braveheart facepaint and screaming in a..well, a lasse's voice (obviously :neutral:) is instantly going to break that immersion.

It's got fuck all to do with women and sexism. I couldn't give a shite if it wasn't World War 2 and it was just a fantasy war game, fine, have them, I don't care, but if you're basing your game on a real event then, imo, it's pretty vital for immersion purposes to be grounded in reality.

Just being PC for the sake of being PC and it's quite odd.

Last edited:
That's fair enough but there are already games like that out there. I don't understand why Battlefield...which has always been grounded in reality, has had to join the pack. I'm actually more bothered about the stupid costumes etc than the wimmens
I'm nee Anthony Beevor but fellas didn't mince about wearing Bowie face makeup and steampunk chic on the western front.

If there were any women on the battlefield they wouldn't be twiggy mixed race supermodels, they'd look more like shot putters.

Back