Barry’s Bargain Superstore In Consett

I'm off soon with 5 pals for a weeks fishing in Scotland, I organise all the food, Click and Collect from the nearest Supermarket, evening snacks and chocolate bars for through the day always from Barrys, except for today, she dragged me kicking and screaming into Poundland, that's Land not zone.
A better choice with lower prices than Barry :eek:
I did go into Barry's afterwards for Crisps, Nuts and soft drinks but I did notice he wants £1-50 for Pringles, he has a few of the Posh Easter Eggs on for £3, 8 Bottles of Lucozade for £2-99 and some great deals on Beer but I'm not lugging boxes of beer 350 miles.
I'm probably going to find myself barred now.:rolleyes:

Where was this mythical poundland?
1985?

Poundzone Wrekenton

17 m ·

So this morning this chap decided to pocket a packet of NY coffee worth £1.09, then when challenged said can you let me off I don’t have enough… he is no longer welcome in Poundzone/Post Office.
Cost of living crisis and these capitalists are shunning the most vulnerable in their very own community.

Barry would have paid for the lad an all inclusive trip to Kenya for the best fresh roasted arabica beans.

judging by comments seems its backfiring

aye, poundzerns ratners moment
Whys everyone taking the moral highground for them shaming shoplifters? Shoplifting coffee & air freshners ffs. Scumbags.

f***ing hell what a society man. No wonder people do whatever the f•ck they like without fear of reprise.

Whys everyone taking the moral highground for them shaming shoplifters? Shoplifting coffee & air freshners ffs. Scumbags.

f***ing hell what a society man. No wonder people do whatever the f•ck they like without fear of reprise.
That’s what the police are there for. See this shite all the time, literally zero to gain from it. Worse than those “help us catch”, “just need a name” type posts.

Been exposed for the amateurs that they are.

the bloke looks as though he's on the bones of his arse, yes its wrong, everyone knows that , but does it really warrant his face on sershal media ?

The lad doesn't look quite right, could be struggling and having your face all over the media over £1.09 could tip him over the edge.

If he was stealing to feed a habit would have been something worth selling.

Also I wonder if the staff let him go to leave the store first, because correct me if I am wrong its not stealing until he tries to leave without paying, if he was stopped in the store as he had put said item in pocket, from what I understand thats not theft and could open the business up to some legal problems, you cant just post anything on line if it suits.

Also just ban the guy if your not happy, no need to splash his face around over such a trivial matter.

I bet there's tons of people on this site that has "stolen" more than £1.09. ( by the letter of the law )

The lad doesn't look quite right, could be struggling and having your face all over the media over £1.09 could tip him over the edge.

If he was stealing to feed a habit would have been something worth selling.

Also I wonder if the staff let him go to leave the store first, because correct me if I am wrong its not stealing until he tries to leave without paying, if he was stopped in the store as he had put said item in pocket, from what I understand thats not theft and could open the business up to some legal problems, you cant just post anything on line if it suits.

Also just ban the guy if your not happy, no need to splash his face around over such a trivial matter.

I bet there's tons of people on this site that has "stolen" more than £1.09. ( by the letter of the law )
Enabling

‘enabling" can describe dysfunctional behavior approaches that are intended to help resolve a specific problem but in fact may perpetuate or exacerbate the problem. A common theme of enabling in this latter sense is that third parties take responsibility or blame, or make accommodations for a person's harmful conduct (often with the best of intentions, or from fear or insecurity which inhibits action). The practical effect is that the person himself or herself does not have to do so, and is shielded from awareness of the harm it may do, and the need or pressure to change.

Back