Barry’s Bargain Superstore In Consett

Enabling

‘enabling" can describe dysfunctional behavior approaches that are intended to help resolve a specific problem but in fact may perpetuate or exacerbate the problem. A common theme of enabling in this latter sense is that third parties take responsibility or blame, or make accommodations for a person's harmful conduct (often with the best of intentions, or from fear or insecurity which inhibits action). The practical effect is that the person himself or herself does not have to do so, and is shielded from awareness of the harm it may do, and the need or pressure to change.
your quite the two faced bloke, not such the caring person you make out on the covid forum banging on how we all need to be less selfish and here you are throwing a guy to the wolves over a poxy quid, should have banned him from the store and left it at that, but throwing his picture up is a discrace.

Wondering how much you have stolen over the years....

Pen from work maybe, find any money in the street....
Can you tell he isnt like? Jesus you chat some shit like. Quit enabling his petty theft.
can you tell he isnt?

you telling me we should post up a persons mug shot for petty things like this, Christ Facebook would be never ending pictures of it.

even the police didn't want to know, its plain wrong to post his picture simple, seems many people agree in the comments also.

Last edited:

your quite the two faced bloke, not such the caring person you make out on the covid forum banging on how we all need to be less selfish and here you are throwing a guy to the wolves over a poxy quid, should have banned him from the store and left it at that, but throwing his picture up is a discrace.

Wondering how much you have stolen over the years....

Pen from work maybe, find any money in the street....

can you tell he isnt?

you telling me we should post up a persons mug shot for petty things like this, Christ Facebook would be never ending pictures of it.

even the police didn't want to know, its plain wrong to post his picture simple, seems many people agree in the comments also.
As it happens the pandemic featured massive amounts of enabling. scroates breaking the rules during lockdown, hereby making life harder for all of us in the process, were repeatedly enabled to do so by others. “Ah leave them alone they are kids whats the harm in them meeting their pals for a few hours etc we were all young once” etc.

It’s rife in society tbf. Fuelled by the need for social media admiration. No matter how shit someone behaves some righteous berk will come along on social media to claim the moral highground & downplay it. Hereby enabling further shitty behavior.

It’s part of what is causing society to break down.

Last edited:
As it happens the pandemic featured massive amounts of enabling. scroates breaking the rules during lockdown, hereby making life harder for all of us in the process, were repeatedly enabled to do so by others. “Ah leave them alone they are kids whats the harm in them meeting their pals for a few hours etc we were all young once” etc.

It’s rife in society tbf. Fuelled by the need for social media admiration. No matter how shit someone behaves some righteous berk will come along on social media to claim the moral highground & downplay it. Hereby enabling further shitty behavior.

Barry could have you all owa

right so lets go back to the old old days of debtors prisons and work houses....

No one has said what he did was right, its not as stealing is stealing, be it taking a pen from work without permission , watching the match on a dodgy stream or finding a quid in the street, its all theft.

But we are supposed to be a modern society with values and compassion, why couldn't the shop not just ban him, they got the item back and its not like they had to warn the world.
instead we see the social media crazy, quick post his pic to get some likes on Facebook, disgusting and what the shop did is worse than what the guy did imo.

Ban him and move on, all it needed.

just wondering, you ever found money in the street and pick it up, thats theft if you didn't hand it in btw...

right so lets go back to the old old days of debtors prisons and work houses....

No one has said what he did was right, its not as stealing is stealing, be it taking a pen from work without permission , watching the match on a dodgy stream or finding a quid in the street, its all theft.

But we are supposed to be a modern society with values and compassion, why couldn't the shop not just ban him, they got the item back and its not like they had to warn the world.
instead we see the social media crazy, quick post his pic to get some likes on Facebook, disgusting and what the shop did is worse than what the guy did imo.

Ban him and move on, all it needed.

just wondering, you ever found money in the street and pick it up, thats theft if you didn't hand it in btw...
You are actually victim shaming btw. (Aswell as enabling). Shaming working class blokes for objecting to being stolen from. really poor from you Chris. Sorry.

Lets agree to stop derailing this thread.

Last edited:
You make a good point tbf.

I don't think he should be plastered on social media but if he's shoplifted then he should be dealt with by the law.
I think from memory the police couldnt give a shite. They barely give a shite about any crime tbh, not enough resource, not enough chance of conviction, too much paperwork, too much hassle.

Which is why Poundzone shame scruff like this on social media instead. Everyone knows what they do. If you go in and try to steal and get caught. Bigger fool you.

I think from memory the police couldnt give a shite. They barely give a shite about any crime tbh, not enough resource, not enough chance of conviction, too much paperwork, too much hassle.

Which is why Poundzone shame scruff like this on social media instead. Everyone knows what they do. If you go in and try to steal and get caught. Bigger fool you.
Vigilantes. They aren’t the law, innocent until proven guilty. One still image of a bloke in a shop and some words on social media don’t constitute a conviction.

He could be a competitor they’re trying to put out of business or anything.

Scumbags the PZ goons.

its disgusting and I lost a lot of respect for the shop.

all it needed was ban the bloke, fishing for likes is disgusting.

Common sense out the widow, it was an item worth a quid, he got the item back and told the guy dont come back, police weren't even interested it was so petty.

You are actually victim shaming btw. (Aswell as enabling). Shaming working class blokes for objecting to being stolen from. really poor from you Chris. Sorry.

Lets agree to stop derailing this thread.
victim shaming lol.

btw if he didn't try and leave the shop, no crime was committed.

noticed you didn't answer my question, should have known, we have all stolen something at some point, I know I have found money in the street and pocketed it, I have also watched the odd dodgy stream to see the lads play, the punishment should always fit the crime, being banned from PZ / post office was ample punishment, sorry but the shop is in the wrong here posting his pic.

Vigilantes. They aren’t the law, innocent until proven guilty. One still image of a bloke in a shop and some words on social media don’t constitute a conviction.

He could be a competitor they’re trying to put out of business or anything.

Scumbags the PZ goons.
Yeah, this basically.

People can fuck off being self righteous on social media and shaming people. Usually only absolute bellends go on like that.

He should be reported to the police. If they don't act in a satisfactory way it can be raised with the IOPC.

Yeah, this basically.

People can fuck off being self righteous on social media and shaming people. Usually only absolute bellends go on like that.

He should be reported to the police. If they don't act in a satisfactory way it can be raised with the IOPC.
nail on head, fishing for likes, its the bane of the modern world.

( not you btw, the shop lol )

its disgusting and I lost a lot of respect for the shop.

all it needed was ban the bloke, fishing for likes is disgusting.

Common sense out the widow, it was an item worth a quid, he got the item back and told the guy dont come back, police weren't even interested it was so petty.

victim shaming lol.

btw if he didn't try and leave the shop, no crime was committed.

noticed you didn't answer my question, should have known, we have all stolen something at some point, I know I have found money in the street and pocketed it, I have also watched the odd dodgy stream to see the lads play, the punishment should always fit the crime, being banned from PZ / post office was ample punishment, sorry but the shop is in the wrong here posting his pic.
You are shaming the victims of theft for objecting to being stolen from. It’s as simple as that.

Righteous. Enabling. Waffle.

You are shaming the victims of theft for objecting to being stolen from. It’s as simple as that.

Righteous. Enabling. Waffle.
You have proof it was theft like, were you there? was the guy convicted, maybe PZ doesn't just do cheap crap but cheap justice too, in this country its innocent until proven guilty like.

So it was suspected theft thats all.

management reserves the right, so just ban him done and dusted.

quite funny, dont think PZ was expecting so many people to call them out on his post.

( I dislike Facebook like, brings out the worst in people I find )

said my bit, time to move on....

Last edited:

Back