Barnsley manager, Stendel has quit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi guys first time poster here .

You simply have to hire Daniel guys , practically dropped in your lap , he's the one to get you back to the PL .

It's a great fit and I can honestly say he will get you out of league one this season .

I've watched my club for 52 years and this guy is special .

He will breath new life in to your club with his infectious enthusiasm , passion and style of football .

The clowns running my club should hang their heads in shame not backing Daniel with what he needed this season at the higher level .

The fans are in meltdown over his departure down here .
The more I read and the more I hear the more it seems like a no brainer.

I still have my reservations as to whether the playing staff he'd have at his disposal here, at least until January, would be capable of performing as he likes. Plus we've no idea as to his capabilities in the transfer market (do we?) and I'm not sure I like the idea of leaving unfettered responsibility for that down to Hill and Coton.

I'd probably have him like but his comments about it taking a while for his playing style to be bought into worries me.

This for the use of 2 'guys' within the first 2 sentences.

Worra balloon knot
Very common parlance in the old south Yorkshire mate so forgive him 😎
Fwiw DS would be my #1 choice also, seems a decent chap and f***ing hates Barton, no brainer really.
I'd probably have him like but his comments about it taking a while for his playing style to be bought into worries me.
There's that old impatience back again, if it's right it's right.

Last edited:
Very common parlance in the old south Yorkshire mate so forgive him 😎
Fwiw DS would be my #1 choice also, seems a decent chap and f***ing hates Barton, no brainer really.

There's that old impatience back again, if it's right it's right.

It's more my worry that it'll take too long to adapt to his style that either we miss out on promotion or the fans turn on him before we're playing decent football. Our fans are canny fickle at times.

Because the players will have to up their fitness levels x 10.

It's like when Allardyce first came in and he told the players they weren't fit enough and he got them fitter, can't happen overnight though.

I honestly think our players are nowhere near at the fitness levels they need for this league which is why we generally get poorer the longer a game goes on.

Hi guys first time poster here .

You simply have to hire Daniel guys , practically dropped in your lap , he's the one to get you back to the PL .

It's a great fit and I can honestly say he will get you out of league one this season .

I've watched my club for 52 years and this guy is special .

He will breath new life in to your club with his infectious enthusiasm , passion and style of football .

The clowns running my club should hang their heads in shame not backing Daniel with what he needed this season at the higher level .

The fans are in meltdown over his departure down here .
Thanks for that - a really good post and I hope we go for him. Good luck.

When we dropped out of the championship along with yourselves the players confidence was shot , the club were in disarray .

Over the summer Stendel totally transformed the atmosphere , the players bought in to his strategy and the club was totally transformed .

Does this sound familiar ?

@Howard the Duck

Towards the back end of the season, he did what was the right thing to do in my opinion, if a defeat against Doncaster rovers on Friday night means the day after one of the chasing pack could get above us with a win, but a point ment they couldn’t he made sure we didn’t lose, so as not to give them the extra insensitive, he didn’t go chasing promotion, he just made sure it happened, quality head coach at league one level.

@Howard the Duck

Towards the back end of the season, he did what was the right thing to do in my opinion, if a defeat against Doncaster rovers on Friday night means the day after one of the chasing pack could get above us with a win, but a point ment they couldn’t he made sure we didn’t lose, so as not to give them the extra insensitive, he didn’t go chasing promotion, he just made sure it happened, quality head coach at league one level.
I don't think he'd touch us. It sounds like that he'd want to be involved in more than coaching the team and would want a good look at our backroom staff and scouting set up. There's a hell of a lot of work to do there.

I don't think he'd touch us. It sounds like that he'd want to be involved in more than coaching the team and would want a good look at our backroom staff and scouting set up. There's a hell of a lot of work to do there.

We all work for money, and we all work for the company that’s willing to pay us the most.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back