Barnsley manager, Stendel has quit

Barnsley fans think so.

Hope we go for a manager with these philosophies that realise in terms of our squad in this league we really should be on the front foot and looking to take the game to the opposition. Imagine going to games again and actually enjoying them!

If there's no compo to agree with another club that also saves us money so makes financial sense too.
There's testimonials even more glowing than that posted by the Barnsley fans on here over the last couple of days.

He's also told Barnsley fans that he'd take the job if offered apparently.

He is amazing.

If you were to appoint him today, you wouldn't lose more than two league games between now and the end of the season.

I am convinced that when he goes to a club who'll back him, he'll be remarkably good. Like a poor man's Klopp. He took us up last season despite the continual sell-off of players. One of his key midfielders, Potts, and a proven League One goalscorer, Bradshaw, were flogged and I'm sure he didn't want either of those things to happen.

He just carried on regardless, winning games. The club properly stitched him up over the summer, though. Not so much the quality of players who left - though Pinnock is ace - but the raw nature of the kids we signed in the hope of competing in the Championship on the cheap. He wasn't able to do it, but I'm not sure anyone could.

Our loss is someone else's gain.

Haven't yet heard anyone who has direct experience of him say anything but good things.

Ainsworth's record is good as well but Stendel's football and style was a decent watch last season.

A lot of our fans are blaming all the clubs short comings on the board, yes they’ve dealt him a hand this season and told him he must play, be he’s played it pretty badly in my opinion, I honestly don’t believe all his failings this season are down to the board and players he’s been given.

I think he just gave up trying to find solutions to the problems, sat in the stands watching this season, I could see plenty of tweaks he could have made to his game plan, formation, tactics, and line up that would have given us far better chances of picking up points, but he just continued with the same approach.

That said last season in league one we was a pleasure to watch, all in all he’s left Oakwell after giving us a fantastic season of watching quality winning attacking football, and for that he’ll always be a legend in my eyes.

It’ll be very interesting to see what the next head coach does with the players he as failed with, I think and hope our fortunes may change drastically.

Back