Bands that went from ace to shite?

Could also link this to bands who started well but sold out too. Not a fan of his music but can appreciate his playing ability with Ed Sheeran and its impossible now to compare his early material which got him the fame to the shite hes just released. Completely sold himself out

Coldplay never been anything but shite. The biggest mystery for me concerning this band is how the fuck are they so huge, can't f***ing stand them, absolutely f***ing twatfull.
It’s almost as if different people have different tastes in music!
Could also link this to bands who started well but sold out too. Not a fan of his music but can appreciate his playing ability with Ed Sheeran and its impossible now to compare his early material which got him the fame to the shite hes just released. Completely sold himself out
Sugar Ray, who are a one hit wonder over here, we’re once a hard rock/metal band. They had a hit in America that was a laid back pop song and then completely changed direction. They even named the first track on their “breakthrough” album “New Direction”.
Nice try at winding me up but it won’t work. An album in the UK top 10 released in February 2019 says otherwise.
Yet less than 6 months later she’s not even in the Top 100

Last edited:
When Word Gets Around was released I was working in a music shop. I remember feeling genuinely excited after hearing the first few tracks. Saw them in Newcastle at the arena a year or two later and it was probably the worst gig I've been to.
They were f***ing shite at Reading anarl. On the upside we were so bored we wandered into one of the tents and Utah Saints were on, and they were tremendous.

They were f***ing shite at Reading anarl. On the upside we were so bored we wandered into one of the tents and Utah Saints were on, and they were tremendous.
I've honestly never been so bored at a concert mate. The only time I can remember not wanting an encore at a gig. I'd have left early but I was with others. Lucky you getting to see Utah Saints though!

Strokes

Immense first album, really blew me away. The 2nd album had me checking the wrong CD hadn't been slipped into the case it was so wonky.

Arcade Fire - one of the best debuts ever. Now plodding disco
Foxygen - first record was class, since dreadful
Viet Cong - loud, brilliant. Changed name to Precocupations. Now shite
Sun Kil Moon - Benji was ace. Disappeared up his own arse
Public Service Broadcasting - concept got very old very quickly
:lol: :lol: :lol: At least I've heard of them all. (Except Viet Cong, I assume you don't mean North Vietnamese soldiers)

Some of the bands mentioned here were good for decades, its technically correct they have dropped off but some achievement to do that much before the end

It’s almost as if different people have different tastes in music!

Sugar Ray, who are a one hit wonder over here, we’re once a hard rock/metal band. They had a hit in America that was a laid back pop song and then completely changed direction. They even named the first track on their “breakthrough” album “New Direction”.

Yet less than 6 months later she’s not even in the Top 100

Because rather than promoting it she’s planing her US tour which is fast selling out.

Metallica, first three albums were brilliant, Justice wasn't bad and then they released that shit f***ing black album and it's been downhill ever since.

Back