Ballance for Number 3?

He's a very good county batsman who's been consistent for a number of years and I don't doubt will continue to be so. However he has technical limitations which have repeatedly been exposed by high quality international bowling and I don't believe he's ever tightened up his game to rectify this.

Some players are just short of true international class, over the years we've seen the likes of Ramprakash, Key and Vince for example score boatloads at county level but unable to transfer this to consistently perform at test level, Ballance falls into the same category.

This

He’s only had 2 real chances like. And the 2nd he was out of form when called up

You can’t ignore someone scoring this much

Fair enough. I've always been against him being reselected and Roy being given a go at the top of the order in red ball cricket but i've changed my mind. There's no guarantee of their success but they still have as good a chance as anyone else.

Fair enough. I've always been against him being reselected and Roy being given a go at the top of the order in red ball cricket but i've changed my mind. There's no guarantee of their success but they still have as good a chance as anyone else.

I’d like both

I’m big on Root at 4 like but you can’t plsy Ballance at 3 so maybe that’s an option. I’ve always been convinced he’d score runs at 5

They are my 2 picks for sure

And Vince but he won’t be playing much cricket

I get the reservations about balance but people forget he was totally out of form 2nd pick and 3rd pick he got injured straight away

He’s faced quick bowling in CC too. Root is a big fan so will be interesting to see

All about opinions but I think people dismiss ballance

I’d like both

I’m big on Root at 4 like but you can’t plsy Ballance at 3 so maybe that’s an option. I’ve always been convinced he’d score runs at 5

They are my 2 picks for sure

And Vince but he won’t be playing much cricket

I get the reservations about balance but people forget he was totally out of form 2nd pick and 3rd pick he got injured straight away

He’s faced quick bowling in CC too. Root is a big fan so will be interesting to see

All about opinions but I think people dismiss ballance

The problem is people dismiss Ballance because he sometimes looks out of his depth at test level, however so do a lot of others.

The question for me is, is he one of the top 6 batsman in the country in red ball cricket, and the answer is yes imo.

The problem is people dismiss Ballance because he sometimes looks out of his depth at test level, however so do a lot of others.

The question for me is, is he one of the top 6 batsman in the country in red ball cricket, and the answer is yes imo.

Yep course he did but he was struggling and out of form

The key misconception about ballance is thst he’s had loads of chances, he hasn’t

Last time he got injured very early on

The 2nd time he was out of form said himself he was but scored a scratchy 100 in front of Strauss n got called up

Dont think.i can bare to see him stood one inch off his stumps.and gettimg bowled or.lbw again

:lol: bit harsh like

Know what you mean but I reckon he is a better player now

Give him ago against Ireland maybe, not really anyone else getting close to him. Still think it will be Roy and Vince at 1 and 3 though

Back