Ballance for Number 3?

Discussion in 'Cricket' started by Temp0101, Apr 9, 2019.

1. The Rat

The Rat Striker

Its still your opinion not a fact

Just find it strange people try and excuse away 4 test 100s like they don't count

2. rentaghost

rentaghost Striker

Just find it strange how some advocate he's a 5 and not a 3 when his only 100s have come at 3 and his average at 5 is beyond terrible? ;)

Just winding you up. I wouldn't want Ballance in the team but I would be more worried with him facing the new ball sitting on his back foot foot to 92mph in swinging yorkers from Starc and co. However he might get selected at 3 - no-one has commanded that position and he is as likely as anyone to score massive county runs.

Last edited: Apr 11, 2019
  3. SAFC11

SAFC11 Winger

Very good championship player, awful against international pace attacks. Australia would have him out early every innings

4. The Rat

The Rat Striker

I wouldn’t pick him I just don’t like people making light of international 100s

Annoyed me when loads of ex players dismissing Jennings 100s in India and Sri Lanka as not proper runs as can’t do it against Seamers. People who could only dream of scoring 100s in Asia

5. All down to context though, there's no such thing as an easy 100, but there's doing it on big occasions against good sides and they'll always count for more.

6. The Rat

The Rat Striker

You’ve got to be a very very good cricketer to score 4 test 100s like

7. Probably being a bit generous there, someone like John Crawley will have scored around the same and I doubt he'll go down as a very very good test cricketer, and his will have been against better attacks.

8. The Rat

The Rat Striker

I said very very good cricketer

9. He is, at county level, no one would deny that. Shame he can't take that extra step to be a good international batsman.

10. rentaghost

rentaghost Striker

Crikey - yesterday you arguing the opposite when supporting Stoneman :neutral:

11. The Rat

The Rat Striker

No I wasn't

12. Temp0101

Temp0101 Central Defender

Another 50 up*

*Against Fidel Edwards who isn't exactly military medium

Last edited: Apr 11, 2019
  13. mackembhoy

mackembhoy Striker

Kyle Abbott too. I just think Balance has had his chance.

But who knows, our batting is crap so anyone who scores runs can't be ignored.

14. rentaghost

rentaghost Striker

89 not out. He is a run machine and will be difficult to ignore if he keeps scoring massive.

15. The Rat

The Rat Striker

Another 100

Go on Gary lad

Still love him for that topless photo. Was carried out of the bar shirtless chanting England by himself

16. seanwharton

seanwharton Full Back

Ballance isn’t better than Ramprakash . Both Hick and Ramprakash would have fared much better under the central contracts system . Ramprakash was also thrown in as a 21/22 year old and played his first 8 or nine tests against Walsh, Patterson , Marshall , Ambrose, Waqar , Mushtaq and Akram . As good as the game has seen in terms of attacks . I think it probably broke him but he was a superb technician and very brave . Not sure Ballance likes it when it gets really quick

chunkylover53 likes this.
  17. Dexter

Dexter Striker

Fidel Edwards is 37 years old, I’m guessing he’s closer to 70mph than he is 90mph these days.

18. Temp0101

Temp0101 Central Defender

Ah OK then, in that case back to back centuries is rubbish then. If Vince is a better choice, why is his average nowhere near Ballance's in CC cricket which is much easier than Tests?

19. Dexter

Dexter Striker

Fucking hell chill out mate, only pointing out Fidel Edwards is probably military medium these days.

20. This generation's Jason Gallian