Ballance for Number 3?

So a bowling average of 73 by Shami in English conditions is good in whos opinion? - name one persn
So a quick bowlers career average of 34 in all conditions is good in whos opinion? - name one person
Kumar and Binny are quality test bowlers - name one prson.

Name one person apart from yourself that would day that group of 4 was a good test attack in 2014 and I will accept its not a fact ;) Out of the major test playing nations it would be the worst bar Sri Lanka playing now.

Anyway Ballance - 4 hundreds at 3 none batting further down. Not quite what you expected eh? ;)

Its still your opinion not a fact

Just find it strange people try and excuse away 4 test 100s like they don't count

Its still your opinion not a fact

Just find it strange people try and excuse away 4 test 100s like they don't count

Just find it strange how some advocate he's a 5 and not a 3 when his only 100s have come at 3 and his average at 5 is beyond terrible? ;)

Just winding you up. I wouldn't want Ballance in the team but I would be more worried with him facing the new ball sitting on his back foot foot to 92mph in swinging yorkers from Starc and co. However he might get selected at 3 - no-one has commanded that position and he is as likely as anyone to score massive county runs.

Last edited:
Very good championship player, awful against international pace attacks. Australia would have him out early every innings

Just find it strange how some advocate he's a 5 and not a 3 when his only 100s have come at 3 and his average at 5 is beyond terrible? ;)

Just winding you up. I wouldn't want Ballance in the team but I would be more worried with him facing the new ball sitting on his back foot foot to 92mph in swinging yorkers from Starc and co. However he might get selected at 3 - no-one has commanded that position and he is as likely as anyone to score massive county runs.

I wouldn’t pick him I just don’t like people making light of international 100s

Annoyed me when loads of ex players dismissing Jennings 100s in India and Sri Lanka as not proper runs as can’t do it against Seamers. People who could only dream of scoring 100s in Asia

Annoyed me when loads of ex players dismissing Jennings 100s in India and Sri Lanka as not proper runs as can’t do it against Seamers. People who could only dream of scoring 100s in Asia

All down to context though, there's no such thing as an easy 100, but there's doing it on big occasions against good sides and they'll always count for more.

Crikey - yesterday you arguing the opposite when supporting Stoneman :neutral:

Another 100

Go on Gary lad

Still love him for that topless photo. Was carried out of the bar shirtless chanting England by himself

Ballance is better than them like, 4 test 100s

Ballance was harshly treat, he was pushed in at number 3 when he should have batted 5

Even in his last recall he batted a lot more time than a lot of them do

I accept he has technical flaws but I think he is one of the best 6 batsman in England personally

Very harsh that, scored runs against India too.

I like Vince and would recall him but Ballance is a better player IMO

His record in test and county cricket proves it

at 3 yeah, this is the problem though, we keep forcing players out of position, he'd score runs at 5, or he would when he was right in form, maybe not now

Clarke won't score more runs at 3 like, another middle order player

We can't just keep shoving players up there

Pope is next in line, been scoring bucket loads, but another middle order player
Ballance isn’t better than Ramprakash . Both Hick and Ramprakash would have fared much better under the central contracts system . Ramprakash was also thrown in as a 21/22 year old and played his first 8 or nine tests against Walsh, Patterson , Marshall , Ambrose, Waqar , Mushtaq and Akram . As good as the game has seen in terms of attacks . I think it probably broke him but he was a superb technician and very brave . Not sure Ballance likes it when it gets really quick

Fidel Edwards is 37 years old, I’m guessing he’s closer to 70mph than he is 90mph these days.

Ah OK then, in that case back to back centuries is rubbish then. If Vince is a better choice, why is his average nowhere near Ballance's in CC cricket which is much easier than Tests?

Ah OK then, in that case back to back centuries is rubbish then. If Vince is a better choice, why is his average nowhere near Ballance's in CC cricket which is much easier than Tests?
f***ing hell chill out mate, only pointing out Fidel Edwards is probably military medium these days.

Back