Baldurs Gate III

Pro tip: You can have your characters be 2 (or even 3) classes at the same time.

On the level up screen next to the character's name there's a "level new class option" - For example, the level cap is 12 so you can be a Barbarian 9 and a Warlock 3, but as the spells have absolutely no synergy with each other so that combination is useless.

Classes get their ultimate passives at level 5 and 9 so it's advisable you don't start it until 6 - Rogues have the worst ultimate passives with 50% less damage taken which if you're playing a Thief or Assassin is f***ing useless but Fighters, Barbarians and Rangers get an extra action for their passive 5 so you don't want to be doing that straight away.

My main char is a Thief 4 and a Gloomstalker 4, their spells are highly synergistic with each other - You get use dash twice, attack and hide all in the same turn. That fucker is staying permanently hidden from combat unless they snoop him out
The extra action is easily the best passive at 5, Fighters and Barbarians get 3 attacks per turn at that stage.
I'm not sure what Wizard, Monks etc get but I know the physical damage dealers minus the Rogue get the best one.

Last edited:
Quite fancy this game but looking at some of the comments in here, feel like I’m going to be well out my depth.

Buy it. It's basically the Football Manager of RPG's, just save scum it or wing it as you go along.

I spent 6 hours on 1 boss on the hardest difficulty and it was the most fun I ever had learning as I was doing it.

Buy it. It's basically the Football Manager of RPG's, just save scum it or wing it as you go along.

I spent 6 hours on 1 boss on the hardest difficulty and it was the most fun I ever had learning as I was doing it.
Aye think I will. Does the game teach you the mechanics well enough or do I need to be a D&D expert already?

Aye think I will. Does the game teach you the mechanics well enough or do I need to be a D&D expert already?

No one in this thread has any dungeon and dragons experience including myself. It's all about the learning experience and just either save scumming or just taking the loss like a champ and not doing the mistake next time

No one in this thread has any dungeon and dragons experience including myself. It's all about the learning experience and just either save scumming or just taking the loss like a champ and not doing the mistake next time
Ah canny. I’ll definitely give it a go then. Cheers for the info mate

My biggest beginner tip would be never to move out of melee range of an opponent unless you're teleporting - Moving out of melee range triggers a opportunistic strike which is a free melee hit for them, to avoid the opportunistic strike you have to use the Disengage ability first - An arrow appears under the circle of the person who's in range if he's eligible for the strike

Even a more advanced player like myself makes that mistake sometimes :D

Last edited:
Quite fancy this game but looking at some of the comments in here, feel like I’m going to be well out my depth.
It's a slow build. You're not bombarded with spells and traits from the off. Then when you upgrade you're only adding a few and a time so you'll be used to what you have when the next batch arrives.

The games meant for multiple playthroughs as you're going to miss loads each time.
The most important tip I can give, save,save then save again. I lost a good hour last night getting my whole squad wiped out and killed.
My game keeps telling me the save is corrupt.

It's a slow build. You're not bombarded with spells and traits from the off. Then when you upgrade you're only adding a few and a time so you'll be used to what you have when the next batch arrives.

The games meant for multiple playthroughs as you're going to miss loads each time.

My game keeps telling me the save is corrupt.
Cracking. Ordered it and it’s downloading now. Cheers

I've sunk over 200 hrs in the game already. The replayability of the game is disgusting.

Whether it's you want to be changing good guy choices to evil choices or just changing the class composition of your entire party.

There's 16 classes in the game and there's only like 2 of them which are completely pointless.

Last edited:
Bought this and fired it up and was overwhelemd by all the icons and data, reminded me of MFS (Flight-sim, which I persevered with) so uninstalled. I'm an older gamer and don't thave the enthusiasm or interest to learn what everything does, like I did when I was younger.

I think that might be it for me and RPG's a genre I loved for many years.

Bought this and fired it up and was overwhelemd by all the icons and data, reminded me of MFS (Flight-sim, which I persevered with) so uninstalled. I'm an older gamer and don't thave the enthusiasm or interest to learn what everything does, like I did when I was younger.

I think that might be it for me and RPG's a genre I loved for many years.
I thought that but I’m probably 5-6 hours in and really enjoying it. Don’t understand some of what I’m looking at but slowly getting to grips with it and really enjoying the story and characters

Finally finished this today. What a game, game of the year for me easily. Brilliantly fun, characters were great, combat perfect. Played a human Paladin with main party of karlach, laezel and shadowheart. Stomped most things with ease once all level 12. Game i can easily go back to anytime and play again as i know i missed plenty too.

Finally finished this today. What a game, game of the year for me easily. Brilliantly fun, characters were great, combat perfect. Played a human Paladin with main party of karlach, laezel and shadowheart. Stomped most things with ease once all level 12. Game i can easily go back to anytime and play again as i know i missed plenty too.

Did you play on tactician?

I'm waited for the missing parts of Act 3 to be patched so just ending my playthroughs at the end of Act 2.

Did you play on tactician?

I'm waited for the missing parts of Act 3 to be patched so just ending my playthroughs at the end of Act 2.
Just played on normal difficulty. Will probably do another playthrough in the future on tactician and go very evil as this run i was basically good all the time due to paladin. Act 3 does have some little errors etc. In continuity but overall was fine for me.

Just played on normal difficulty. Will probably do another playthrough in the future on tactician and go very evil as this run i was basically good all the time due to paladin. Act 3 does have some little errors etc. In continuity but overall was fine for me.

Try the big angry Goblin boss from Act 1 (Drog something) and time it how long it took. My quickest has been 5 hours, he's so annoying but my god he's 1 of the most fun encounters I've ever done in any RPG as you actually have to strategies and plan on Tactician.

I’m currently playing the game without Gale like, twice he’s died and has had permanent necrotic aura once revived. It’s a game ruining bug as soon as he’s up he starts killing your party inadvertently with it.

Take him to camp to rest and he starts killing the people and my dog at camp. Had to go back to a previous save and start from there, kicking him out of my party.

Back