Baldurs Gate III

Such a thoroughly good game. Act 1 is perfect, act 2 very strong. Act 3 does have a good few cracks with some characters saying you did things you didn't etc. But still good and fun. In the heart of Act 3 now and the cracks in it do show a lot but still enjoying it. Definitely recommend this game.

Such a thoroughly good game. Act 1 is perfect, act 2 very strong. Act 3 does have a good few cracks with some characters saying you did things you didn't etc. But still good and fun. In the heart of Act 3 now and the cracks in it do show a lot but still enjoying it. Definitely recommend this game.

The amount of replayability is insane.

A "good character" playthrough
A "evil character playthrough"
A more neutral character only gives a toss about himself playthrough
Then you got more of the unconventional stuff like Throw Barbarian which involves throwing your own allies at people and then using your their dead bodies to throw at the other people

That's 125hr x 4

Well I've bit the bullet and got this on PS5. Download will be done in an hour and will be able to play when it releases at 5pm.

Yer mad not to give it a go when it’s rated 97 on metacritic and the 5th highest rated PC game of all time.

Even if it’s not your type of genre.

I’m more surprised such outrageous reviews the chatter isn’t more popular. It’s not often you see games come out with scores like that. Early in the thread I was calling it the game of the decade, with those scores I wasn't wrong neither.
The reviewer even had to write an article on about how he came to the 97 score and how he had to go through his bosses to get approval for the rating because it's just that rare now.

Last edited:
Yer mad not to give it a go when it’s rated 97 on metacritic and the 5th highest rated PC game of all time.

Even if it’s not your type of genre.

I’m more surprised such outrageous reviews the chatter isn’t more popular. It’s not often you see games come out with scores like that. Early in the thread I was calling it the game of the decade, with those scores I wasn't wrong neither.
The reviewer even had to write an article on about how he came to the 97 score and how he had to go through his bosses to get approval for the rating because it's just that rare now.
I don't think I'd give it 97% mind. There are a few annoying bugs in it. The pathing/detection could have been better too.

I don't think I'd give it 97% mind. There are a few annoying bugs in it. The pathing/detection could have been better too.

The only criticism I can give it is they cut Act 3 content out, it's alot of it, I've spoilered what's missing, but they released a patch on Wednesday adding 1 storyline in, which indicates they're intending on adding it back in patch by patch

Karlach's good ending, her bad ending is still missing, the drow you recruit from the Goblins is still missing both good and bad aswell as the entire zone, aswell as the Raphael stuff

Last edited:
Act 3 is quite broken and unfinished but still enjoyable. Thing is though it will be patched and sorted before long. Goty for me though, it is brilliant.

I've recently started a 4-player co-op with friends, get a class with high perception and sabotage the fuck out of them if you want as you'll know where the traps are, hilarious man.

Or a series I've seen is 4 people making Hobbit Barbarians and just throwing each other into enemies and then using their corpses as ammo

Last edited:
Loving this atm. Played about 5 hours so far. Took me a good few attempts at getting off the ship. Didn't realise I could just avoid the fight Devil bloke. Found some little outpost near the crashed ship and had my first decent battle with some Goblin's. There's some house/castle thing off the other way that is a waypoint so think I need t go back there.

So many random paths and people to talk to and I've not even go far. I'm liking the combat and pace. Very chill compared to the usual first person action game I play.

I've n real clue if I'm using the spells and stuff right like.

Thinking of getting this on PS5. Problem is I'm really getting into Starfield on the XBox. Both games seem like totally life sinks!

Thinking of getting this on PS5. Problem is I'm really getting into Starfield on the XBox. Both games seem like totally life sinks!
When this happens I thin ya gotta just pick one and if you get into it stay the course until it's done or you finally become bored/sick of it

Wait until BG3 comes out on the Xbox (around late October time) which gives you time to play Starfield.

BG3 is the far highly rated game and the bigger timesink but if you want to play both games and have both consoles, that's the route I would take.

I accidentally got a companion killed in some castle whilst killing someone I was meant to be saving. He burned alive so can't revive him. I didn't even realise at first until I mooched off and he wasn't following. I was interested to see how the character would develop. I suppose these things happen and make playing again worthwhile.

Decided to get this on ps5 as I can’t be arsed to sort out my pc for starfield.

Only managed to get on it tonight and finished the very first part, I’m too tired to go further but I’ll probably have a decent go tomorrow.

Decided to get this on ps5 as I can’t be arsed to sort out my pc for starfield.

Only managed to get on it tonight and finished the very first part, I’m too tired to go further but I’ll probably have a decent go tomorrow.
I got a new pc but not for gaming so it’s good spec apart from the graphics card.
Decided to give the gamepass cloud gaming a go and it’s working surprisingly well. Apart from the very occasional Bluetooth drop with the controller is basically the same as playing on my Xbox. Was very impressed.

Oh and it’s not out on PS5 🤔
I got a new pc but not for gaming so it’s good spec apart from the graphics card.
Decided to give the gamepass cloud gaming a go and it’s working surprisingly well. Apart from the very occasional Bluetooth drop with the controller is basically the same as playing on my Xbox. Was very impressed.

EDIT: Ugh, thought I was on the starfield thread! 🙈

Last edited:

EDIT: Ugh, thought I was on the starfield thread! 🙈
I did wonder.

Yeah someone mentioned cloud gaming as a workaround.

Stupid question but looking and deluxe version is just a few extra skins and potions isn't it, there's no playable content?

Cosmetic stuff. A cape, a unique helm, your dice is differently skinned. Everyone who pre-ordered before the August 3rd release date was given upgraded to deluxe for free, it's nothing game-changing gameplay wise.

Back