Baggage allowance

I was reading through the replies and was getting ready to add, that WizzAir are vicious in that they will 100% check.

I fly a lot, and in general size matters. I have never personally been checked, nor seen anyone checked for weight. Which is lucky because my bag for weight is usually well over the 8 or 10kg thresholds.

I sometimes see people with bags far far too big, and get away with it. As a general rule of thumb though, unless it is a mini suitcase trolly they don't care.
How come you live in Sweden and how do I do it?

This.....I couldn't be arsed trying to find a way around an airlines enforced rules, no matter how ridiculous I thought they were....It's only an extra £20 or something, you pay that for a 6:15 am pint of Moretti and a glass of Prosecco!

I honestly would rather go home than be that person who empties their suitcase at the the check in desk, trying to transfer 1.8kg of duds into their hand luggage.

Or wear them all at once
Sorting a lads trip next week n was gonna ask who wants a case who doesnt then just thought fuck this snd added them all on. Its bad enough coming back never mind trying to fit everything into two foot square.

Doubled flight costs but still only £140 return.

Can someone take this bloke’s hip flask away please? Cheers
I thought he was being ironically funny. Made me laugh, I gave him a like.

Do different airlines have different specifications? So what might be good for Ryanair might not be good for Easyjet for instance.
Use jet2 Ej and Ryanair. I've also walked on with a crash helmet last 3 years . Nowt said
Hang on, like on over yer head. You mean carrying it on. The other doesn't bear thinking about.

Last edited:
As the gate is opening a member of the usually 2 check-in staff marches down the long queue of idiots that have already been standing there for 30/45 mins looking for a mug.If you are over sized go later or even better last and you'll be fine.

Sorting a lads trip next week n was gonna ask who wants a case who doesnt then just thought fuck this snd added them all on. Its bad enough coming back never mind trying to fit everything into two foot square.

Doubled flight costs but still only £140 return.

It's common practice now.

BA will charge you £50 extra on long hall to make a booking that included hold baggage...although carry on still included, if you don't need loads of stuff.

Also, seems to be the norm in USA internal flights. Just booked to fly from Toronto to Washington DC (LOOOOK AT MEEEEEEEEE!) and had to pay for the bags on that too (with American Airlines).

does me head in when see people getting luggage into overhead that is obviously really heavy so any significant turbulence will see it fly open and cause carnage.

Just flown with easyJet. Was gonna be £30 for a new bag from Amazon or £50 to upgrade the bag size to a carry on I already have. Paid the £50 as I was also thinking about lack of leg room due to putting the bag under the seat in front, turns out no one does that and the overhead lockers are all just jam packed

Just flown with easyJet. Was gonna be £30 for a new bag from Amazon or £50 to upgrade the bag size to a carry on I already have. Paid the £50 as I was also thinking about lack of leg room due to putting the bag under the seat in front, turns out no one does that and the overhead lockers are all just jam packed
Is that £50 each way? I’ve stuck my backpack in overheads as they’re a lot emptier these days on budget as everyone tight.

Do different airlines have different specifications? So what might be good for Ryanair might not be good for Easyjet for instance.

Hang on, like on over yer head. You mean carrying it on. The other doesn't bear thinking about.
If they kicked up a fuss I'd wear it .
I get loads inside the lid too ,undies ,socks

How come you live in Sweden and how do I do it?

Because I didn't vote for Brexit.

Sadly now, unless you have European citizenship you cannot.

Correct. This is many budget airlines new favourite trick, to adjust the standardly accepted dimensions.
does me head in when see people getting luggage into overhead that is obviously really heavy so any significant turbulence will see it fly open and cause carnage.

Have you ever seen that happen? I have never been on a plane where luggage has fell out of an overhead locker and I fly several times a month.

Last edited:
Because I didn't vote for Brexit.

Sadly now, unless you have European citizenship you cannot.

Correct. This is many budget airlines new favourite trick, to adjust the standardly accepted dimensions.

Have you ever seen that happen? I have never been on a plane where luggage has fell out of an overhead locker and I fly several times a month.
no, seen it fall on air crews head once and cut his head ( was checking overhead lockers were all secure ) , had to return to terminal and get replacement for the crew member , took 1 and hour to get replacement and meant missing a connection in Seattle.

I've seen a locker spring open on landing.

Nothing fell out. Logic suggests to me that heavy items are less likely to move in flight than light ones anyway

Back