Ba

I've not jumped on the BA critisim train but dear me this lad really doesn't look ready to start at this level. Defender knew exactly what he was going to do everytime. Gave the ball away, ran into defenders, don't agree with the cheering of him being subbed but it was almost a mercy substitution as nothing the lad did came off at all.
He’s not a left winger… always looks better on the right. I agree he was sloppy yesterday but was at least trying to make things happen. He had Styles and Hjelde behind him which is also a massive mitigation.

Im not sure why Dodds is completely obsessed with playing him on the left tbh. I’m not sure he’s ever played well there?

It’s strange because Dodds seems to play other players in any position that takes his fancy, but with Ba it’s left wing (or that crazy striker when out of possession, moving left when we get the ball thing he made him try to do against Swansea) or it’s not playing. Whereas previously he’s nearly always played off the right or off the striker.

when hes on the right he always cuts inside onto his weaker foot and does nothing yet when hes on the left he always tries to get to byline and cross it again with his weaker foot. Its always the wrong decision from him.

He’s not a left winger… always looks better on the right. I agree he was sloppy yesterday but was at least trying to make things happen. He had Styles and Hjelde behind him which is also a massive mitigation.
I agree, at least he has a bit of confidense in his own ability.eg Hemir picked the ball up in similar positions and basically just bottled it, had no confidence in himself and it fizzled out pretty much straight away.

Been a few times I had thought he had turned a corner but always follows it up with a bunch of poor performances after. There is talent there just keeps making the same mistakes.

This
Im not sure why Dodds is completely obsessed with playing him on the left tbh. I’m not sure he’s ever played well there?

It’s strange because Dodds seems to play other players in any position that takes his fancy, but with Ba it’s left wing (or that crazy striker when out of possession, moving left when we get the ball thing he made him try to do against Swansea) or it’s not playing. Whereas previously he’s nearly always played off the right or off the striker.
And this.
He's not perfect but there is a player in there. He's had some really good games this season on the right, particularly earlier in the season when Roberts had his 1st injury spell. We were told when Mundle signed that his favourite position is left wing so I can't for the life of me understand why Dodds has them playing the wrong way round. Ba hasn't had one single decent game on the left so why persist with it?
If Mundle is going to play RW here we might as well move Ba on this summer because he's never going to be a success on the left.

He's done plenty this season to show he can play at this level, but the same as everyone else he's suffering from mismanagement and being played in multiple positions without any real thoughts behind it. I feel so sorry for the young lads in this team because we're potentially f***ing their careers because of the way we're managing them.

That said, he's been very poor the last few games.

Back