Awkward Position - need advice

Spend all day at work tomorrow shouting and swearing, see if you can develop a tic while you're on. Then say you've got a sudden bout of tourettes come on and you need 6 month off.

In for a penny, in for a pound and all that.

Awkward position at work and I need the assistance of some fellow Mackems.

Long story cut short, I was allowed to pop out of work Saturday to go to the match but my Mag boss has said today that he never said this. Nothing in writing but a witness heard him say it. He is denying it all.

Anyway I am not having it and I am gonna go, I am not missing this, I have an hours lunch so all in all I will be gone about 3 hours. What punishment do you reckon I could get, Verbal Warning, Written Warning or sacked? I have nothing HR related against me.

Put a days leave in

Long story cut short, I was allowed to pop out of work Saturday to go to the match but my Mag boss has said today that he never said this. Nothing in writing but a witness heard him say it. He is denying it all.

Anyway I am not having it and I am gonna go, I am not missing this, I have an hours lunch so all in all I will be gone about 3 hours. What punishment do you reckon I could get, Verbal Warning, Written Warning or sacked? I have nothing HR related against me.

Sacked, nowt you can do when you wander off site. It'll be in your contract one way or another.

When we played Chelsea in the FA Cup 1992, I was told by a Mag boss couldn't have the Monday off to go down, so just took the day off anyway, went and faced the music on the Tuesday.

'Depends how much you need the income.

As someone else said, put a sickie in and there is fuck all they can do.

Set your phone to record ,say you'll work but why did he say yes and now has changed his mind etc
Get him to own up then ruin him and his family

I’ll have yer ticket if you decide you’re going into work. I’ll even message you when we score and that.

At various points today climb into a small cupboard or cabinet and be sure to giggle. When he hears your tee-hees and comes over and opens the door, look disappointed and say ‘oh, you found me :(’.

Then tomorrow go to the match and when he questions why he didn’t see you for a few hours just tell him you’ve found a really good hiding place. He’ll probably be impressed.

yeah there was a case not long back up here where a bloke was spotted outside a pub and sacked while on the sick. Took them to court and won.

Few years back I was on the sick, can't remember what it was maybe a bad cold or something.

Walked down the chemist to get some meds and heading back home called in the betting shop and stuck a Yankee on some horses so I had a bit interest in what was on the telly.

Literally bumped into my boss when I left the betting shop. Absolutely incredible timing 😀.

He was a Newcastle supporter but thankfully not an arsehole like yours. Just told him the crack, we had a laugh about it and off I went back home

Tell him you have the shits & you will send him a picture of your TV with footy on to prove you aren't at footy. Get a mate to send you a shot of footy on TV 10 minutes in and send him it.

options:

1. Phone in sick - easiest they cant disprove it as lots of bugs going round lately, either today or spend all day today saying you feel rough and that your mrs brothers cousin has this horrible cold going round
2. Text him and ask him why he said you could go and has changed his mind (better to have it in writing)
3. Family emergency sat morning
4. unauthorised leave this is the risky option as opens you up to disciplinary action (cant just dismiss you for it unless your actions cause danger or harm to the company)
5. just go to HR Explain the situation says because you think your boss doesn't like you (they have to mediate this so likely will authorize leave over his head)

and for all of the above start looking for another job

Back