Awkward Position - need advice

Put laxatives in the office milk then cry off due to extreme illness, the whole office should have the shits by that point so no one would doubt you. Just don't get on tv during the game.

just go to the match. you've made plans based on what he said previously that have cost you money up front. if he doesn't like it it's his problem.
unless he's the head honcho he won't be able to sack you and any repercussions would just be a case of his word against yours (and a witness if they'd stand for you)

Awkward position at work and I need the assistance of some fellow Mackems.

Long story cut short, I was allowed to pop out of work Saturday to go to the match but my Mag boss has said today that he never said this. Nothing in writing but a witness heard him say it. He is denying it all.

Anyway I am not having it and I am gonna go, I am not missing this, I have an hours lunch so all in all I will be gone about 3 hours. What punishment do you reckon I could get, Verbal Warning, Written Warning or sacked? I have nothing HR related against me.

Go to the match, but as you’re likely to get sacked, a preemptive punch to the mags face tomorrow afternoon won’t go amiss.

Go to the match.
Deal with the shite on Monday.
If you lose your job, punch his f***ing lights out.
Jobs a good un.😁

If you get away with it, don't be so f***ing sackless next time by asking. Just gan sick ya daft knacker.😉🤣🤣🤣

Last edited:
Part of having a job that involves working weekends. Will clash with football.

And part of working any job, any agreements not in writing should be assumed to be not happening.

Back