Awkward Position - need advice

Awkward position at work and I need the assistance of some fellow Mackems.

Long story cut short, I was allowed to pop out of work Saturday to go to the match but my Mag boss has said today that he never said this. Nothing in writing but a witness heard him say it. He is denying it all.

Anyway I am not having it and I am gonna go, I am not missing this, I have an hours lunch so all in all I will be gone about 3 hours. What punishment do you reckon I could get, Verbal Warning, Written Warning or sacked? I have nothing HR related against me.

Long story cut short, I was allowed to pop out of work Saturday to go to the match but my Mag boss has said today that he never said this. Nothing in writing but a witness heard him say it. He is denying it all.

Anyway I am not having it and I am gonna go, I am not missing this, I have an hours lunch so all in all I will be gone about 3 hours. What punishment do you reckon I could get, Verbal Warning, Written Warning or sacked? I have nothing HR related against me.
Gross misconduct, could be dismissed.

Going awol could get you dismissed.

Are you supposed to be working tomorrow as well? If you are, phone in sick for tomorrow and Saturday.

Is this witness your mate by any chance as can see 2 sackings here one for leaving work without authorisation and one for lying 🤥.

I usually never have sick days, or off time and always is one of the better workers if I really needed it I would just call in sick that one day I really needed it.

Back