Away fans

But if we were to move away fans back to the South Stand per say, that then means we'd need to move current Roker End lot elsewhere in the ground, this would possibly mean moving them upstairs to North Stand Upper or Premier Concourse, away from what is already a great atmosphere in the lower bowl. Its worked for the past 12 games if you know what I mean.

I'm sorry (well, im not!) but for me, leave them where they are. Its like giving them an advantage, moving them back

Makes no sense when you look at how good we have been in the past when they were in the lower bowl compared to the last few years they've been up top

Its been done to death about them up the top and im just looking at the ticket website and the current blue seats that are not taken up yet. After years of complaints and safety concerns the penny still hasnt dropped with the club that they cant sell tickets behind the North stand goal hence it will always be half empty. Im sure by now they could have thought up some workaround to bring them back downstairs which will fill the ground and improve the atmosphere 10 fold. Its frustrating that they wont act especially as they still wont open up the PC until they sell out down below which they wont behind the North stand goal
No idea what this constant fascination is in giving the opposition the best seats in the house and also the best chance of encouraging their team - inconveniencing our fans in the process.

Keep them where they are.

Best atmospheres in last 20 years were the everton ,sw and chelsea games..its the stuff on the pitch that creates the atmosphere not some clown needing to stand close to another clown to shout abuse!Grow up!!
Don't get your logic telling is to grow up, the worst atmospheres and days in the SOL have been with the away fans up in the gods in addition to the best. Equally so with them down below as well. Simple fact is though it makes for a better atmosphere having them close to the home fans, don't know how people can't see that

Don't get your logic telling is to grow up, the worst atmospheres and days in the SOL have been with the away fans up in the gods in addition to the best. Equally so with them down below as well. Simple fact is though it makes for a better atmosphere having them close to the home fans, don't know how people can't see that
Ok mate break it down then ..why do you need the influence of away fans to make you support your club verbally? Do you need a confrontation line to support your club? anyway 75% of the crowd will always be nowhere near the away supporters nonmatter where you put them!its the stuff on the pitch that creates the atmosphere not the juxtaposition of abuse shouting fans.
WE need our supporters behind the goals not rows and rows of empty seats when the Wigan's of the world come to visit.....

Ok mate break it down then ..why do you need the influence of away fans to make you support your club verbally? Do you need a confrontation line to support your club? anyway 75% of the crowd will always be nowhere near the away supporters nonmatter where you put them!its the stuff on the pitch that creates the atmosphere not the juxtaposition of abuse shouting fans.
WE need our supporters behind the goals not rows and rows of empty seats when the Wigan's of the world come to visit.....
Calm yourself down son, I've never said once to put away fans behind the goal and I've never said once about having confrontation with away support, I've said having them next to the home fans creates a better atmosphere, simple fact it does....there is interaction and that can put the atmosphere up another notch. 99% of clubs have away fans pitchside, it makes for a better matchday experience...they are irrelevant up a height and that shouldn't be the case

Wasn't it the fans who wanted them moved in the first place?
Nope. Was ellis short following his first visit to the wonga dome. Asked Quinn where our fans were. After he pointed to the gods ES vowed to move the away fans to where they are currently

Calm yourself down son, I've never said once to put away fans behind the goal and I've never said once about having confrontation with away support, I've said having them next to the home fans creates a better atmosphere, simple fact it does....there is interaction and that can put the atmosphere up another notch. 99% of clubs have away fans pitchside, it makes for a better matchday experience...they are irrelevant up a height and that shouldn't be the case
Just because you keep repeating something and stating its a fact doesn't make it true! Without huge investment and fan upheaval the two places suitable for away fans is behind the goal in south stand and up in the gods ...leave them where they are put of the way.

Nope. Was ellis short following his first visit to the wonga dome. Asked Quinn where our fans were. After he pointed to the gods ES vowed to move the away fans to where they are currently
How do you know that? i thought it was the fans as it spoiled the reputation of the club watching huge empty seats behind the goal on tv !

Just because you keep repeating something and stating its a fact doesn't make it true! Without huge investment and fan upheaval the two places suitable for away fans is behind the goal in south stand and up in the gods ...leave them where they are put of the way.
It is a fact though in 99% of grounds in the country

Back