Away fans

Away fans into the SW corner so they are off the telly. SW ST holders into the SE to extend the signing section that way.

Move the family section to the NW or NE

Thats what I would do
You want our ‘singing section’ next to them not moving the SW. We need to bring noise back. For about ten years we’ve struggled at home (and at times away) and yea, I’m aware we’ve been shite, but when I was growing up SoL was outrageously loud.

The correct answer is to move them into the SEC.

The SEC is the “family section” so you can assume people sit there as they like to be in that section. Move the family section to somewhere else.

You’d create a better atmosphere in the lower bowl, you may even get people in the east stand singing, or you’d at least get some who will make noise moving to be on the east stand side of the away lot.

Is this not what football fan rivalry is about to a certain extent? 31 years (for me) between Roker park and the SOL and when fans have been next to the away fans the atmosphere is better 100%
Best atmospheres in last 20 years were the everton ,sw and chelsea games..its the stuff on the pitch that creates the atmosphere not some clown needing to stand close to another clown to shout abuse!Grow up!!

Netting or a perspex barrier at the front of the North Stand upper. Quickest, cheapest, and most likely to get past the SAG. If we ned proximity with away fans to het an "atmosphere", it simply means people are more interested in baiting away fans than backing the team.
We enquired about netting, got quoted 15k. Club said no.

These are the regulations as they stand:

34.3.1 Each Club must make provision for at least 2,000 visiting supporters at every home match or such number as represents 10% of the Club’s certified capacity, if less than 2,000. The League may, on the prior written application of a Club, suspend this Regulation or reduce the figure either for a particular League Match or for a period of time. Each Club shall, subject to any dispensations granted by the Board, make provision for at least 200 of the visiting supporters (of which not less than 100 must be seats) to be accommodated under cover. Any Club which fails to meet the requirement of 200 visiting supporters being accommodated under cover and which does not have a dispensation granted by the Board shall have such amounts as the Board shall determine (in its absolute discretion) withheld from that Club’s central distributions from the Pool Account until such time as the Club can meet the requirement.

So we're only required to provide 2,000 tickets, which can be comfortably done within the current setup. To go much higher would need movement or some kind of change to the North Stand upper to let the lower rows be used.

Been to the SoL plenty of times as an away fan (Wolves), and as a 'home' fan.

Have posted previously but when we used to be in the South stand as away fans, it was one of the few places we got clearly outsung by the home fans, with a lot of the noise coming from the SWC.

I've taken the kids to the South East Corner/family stand a few times in recent years, and during the Wednesday play off semi final, my lad was stood watching the noise coming from the south stand in awe. I think you'd be losing a good thing, if you gave it back to away fans.

-

The closest comparison I can give (having not actually been in the North Stand or Premier Concourse, but looking at it from a distance) would be L7 at SJP. As an away fan there, you can't hear a peep from the home fans (insert jokes of your own choice), but seemingly that goes both ways. The view is poor and reminds me of being in the upper tier at Hillsborough or Ewood Park where you feel like you're miles away from the pitch.

At Molineux, if an away club brings a decent following, they get put in the lower Steve Bull stand which has the effect of spreading the fans out and reducing the noise they can make. Would there be any possibility of similar along the top of the east stand or does the concourse configuration not allow for it?

There's a few other clubs I can think of that have shifted away fans in recent years - Leeds you used to get the yellow corner, but now (or at least back in 2017) you're put in an upper pocket of a side stand.

Do what Boro did, move them to the east stand and change the main cameras to there as well. The West Stand would look much better on TV coverage.

Didn't the TV companies veto that a few years ago because of the way the sun set and that the facilities in the East stand weren't good enough compared to where they are.

Back