Away fans

6inarow

Winger
Its been done to death about them up the top and im just looking at the ticket website and the current blue seats that are not taken up yet. After years of complaints and safety concerns the penny still hasnt dropped with the club that they cant sell tickets behind the North stand goal hence it will always be half empty. Im sure by now they could have thought up some workaround to bring them back downstairs which will fill the ground and improve the atmosphere 10 fold. Its frustrating that they wont act especially as they still wont open up the PC until they sell out down below which they wont behind the North stand goal

But if we were to move away fans back to the South Stand per say, that then means we'd need to move current Roker End lot elsewhere in the ground, this would possibly mean moving them upstairs to North Stand Upper or Premier Concourse, away from what is already a great atmosphere in the lower bowl. Its worked for the past 12 games if you know what I mean.

I'm sorry (well, im not!) but for me, leave them where they are. Its like giving them an advantage, moving them back

Away fans into the SW corner so they are off the telly. SW ST holders into the SE to extend the signing section that way.

Move the family section to the NW or NE

Thats what I would do
There are definate workarounds especially in the South east and west corners
But if we were to move away fans back to the South Stand per say, that then means we'd need to move current Roker End lot elsewhere in the ground, this would possibly mean moving them upstairs to North Stand Upper or Premier Concourse, away from what is already a great atmosphere in the lower bowl. Its worked for the past 12 games if you know what I mean.

I'm sorry (well, im not!) but for me, leave them where they are. Its like giving them an advantage, moving them back
It makes for a much better atmosphere and rival banter...theres only us and newcastle put them out the way!

Last edited:
Away fans into the SW corner so they are off the telly. SW ST holders into the SE to extend the signing section that way.

Move the family section to the NW or NE

Thats what I would do
The club wouldn't go to that much effort moving people about. They'd allocate an area to away fans and anyone sitting there would be given a choice of where to sit from available seats in the ground. So if they moved away fans to the SW corner those sitting there currently would end up scattered around.

Makes sense having them where they are at the minute. Concourse is rarely on sale so they can cope with changes in away allocations without it affecting anyone else and there's no seats lost to segregation in the lower bowl. If only it was policed properly.

Its been done to death about them up the top and im just looking at the ticket website and the current blue seats that are not taken up yet. After years of complaints and safety concerns the penny still hasnt dropped with the club that they cant sell tickets behind the North stand goal hence it will always be half empty. Im sure by now they could have thought up some workaround to bring them back downstairs which will fill the ground and improve the atmosphere 10 fold. Its frustrating that they wont act especially as they still wont open up the PC until they sell out down below which they wont behind the North stand goal
Wasn't it the fans who wanted them moved in the first place?

Leave them where they are, who cares what it looks like on the telly if you are at the match, great atmosphere at Wembley created by our own fans with very little contribution from the opposition fans. I also take it that your seat would not be affected by any move of away fans!

SWC is already an extension the singing section.
Really they should never have put the new singing section & the family zone next to each other. NWC was already designated family area that should have been publicised more
I take my 2 lads and I like the family section being next to the signing end the atmosphere is not bad.
The reason I go to the match is for a atmosphere if I didn’t have that I might aswel sit at home and watch it.

Netting or a perspex barrier at the front of the North Stand upper. Quickest, cheapest, and most likely to get past the SAG. If we ned proximity with away fans to het an "atmosphere", it simply means people are more interested in baiting away fans than backing the team.
Is this not what football fan rivalry is about to a certain extent? 31 years (for me) between Roker park and the SOL and when fans have been next to the away fans the atmosphere is better 100%

Back