Away end tonight...

Cracking atmosphere throughout. Really enjoyed being part of it. There was one old gadgie (my age although he could have been my father ;)) in the middle of their lower South stand section nearer to the corner and therefore us who was most wound up. Reminded me of a similar individual at Millwall last season.
Honestly thought he was going to internally combust, so unhappy with our piss taking was he :lol:

Northern away days always good. Majority of the away end being from the NE. Yesterday was particularly excellent though.

Southern away days where half the away end are second or third generation descendants of exciled who moved away, with southern accents and mannerisms, they’re always poor atmospheres - go figure

Only spotted one crisp packet arl neet.
It made a late darting run to the far post when they had a set piece I seen it too 😂😂
Aye was a goodun, always enjoy Elland road, away end was fantastic as usual, a lot of nerves and frustration in the home end 1st half thought they really gave it a go n lift them 15 mins of the 2nd half but returned to nerves and frustration again, tell what was great the back n forth between both sets a fans kept the noise constant something the sol has massively lost since the away fans shifted

I thought both ends sounded quite loud on tv like.
Not our match last night but I found it funny.

Northern away days always good. Majority of the away end being from the NE. Yesterday was particularly excellent though.

Southern away days where half the away end are second or third generation descendants of exciled who moved away, with southern accents and mannerisms, they’re always poor atmospheres - go figure
What is your opinion of Midlands away days?
Don’t mind Leeds tbh.

Great atmosphere in there more often than not and always get big numbers.
Do you also have a Coventry city tattoo on an arse cheek? ;)

Last edited:

So by that logic, Sunderland supporters who have moved from the NE to the south, and their decendants, and have southern accents and mannerisms (Whatever the fuck a southern mannerism is), spoil the atmosphere?

For fucks sake man🤣🤣🤣
I can just see the Harry Enfield character now🤣🤣🤣

Last edited:
So by that logic, Sunderland supporters who have moved from the NE to the south, and their decendants, and have southern accents and mannerisms (Whatever the fuck a southern mannerism is), spoil the atmosphere?

For fucks sake man🤣🤣🤣
I can just see the Harry Enfield character now🤣🤣🤣
The limp-wristed effete clapping is the giveaway.

Last time I was there was the away game under Keane 0-3 win. Liam Miller, Kav and Sleeves with the goals. Was class.

Me and a mate got chased by some Leeds fans on the way home. Was living in Leeds at the time and they saw my shirt under the jacket I think, were walking behind us singing 'you'll never make the station' to us, so when we got to the next corner legged it :lol: . Fun times.
I thought the Leeds fans were good that night. Still singing in the gelderd after 90 minutes and 0_3 down. Missed the bother with the busses we were in the car.

Thought they expected to turn up and win easily which was reflected in what I thought was an average showing noise wise from them in the first half and had some booing them off.

First 10-15 mins of second half they did get right behind the team and I thought it was canny loud but once the team didn’t respond with any real chances they went pretty quiet again.

Away end was bouncing like, cracking away day

Back